What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Tonight? Tempeh in Indonesian brown gravy over rice.

As part of my retirement gift to myself I rebuilt my fermentation lab and sourced some fresh cultures. I've been cranking out koji for amazake, miso and shio koji and just restarted my Rhizopus cultures for tempeh this week. Yesterday I hauled a 3-pound slab of tempeh out of the brand-new fermenter setup, and I'm gonna eat some of that tonight.

Last night was lamb curry leftovers.

O.H.

This is my ravioli:
242771192_10161257906933275_6154978599589370234_n.jpg

Braised veal, and served with Talegio cheese fondue, toasted pistachios and veal jus. The missus had linguine aglio e olio with crab and squid ink sauce. A decent bottle of Chianti plus a top Negroni to start rather hit the spot.

I woke up Monday morning with a craving for a Salvadoran breakfast. There’s a place I can get this close by but got the ingredients for dinner. Plantain, black beans, scrambled eggs. And my special addition an avocado stuffed with imitation crab. Lady of the house was pleased. 👍
216D1CE6-BC72-4A48-A2EB-FBFBB24F3270.jpeg

Did a baked goat cheese pasta dish we saw on the Pioneer Woman, awesome. 33rd wedding anniversary tomorrow so I am taking my bride to a Italian restaurant downtown ran by a James Beard winning chef, mouth is watering already.....

Top Bottom