What's new

What's Cooking 2016

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Too much sun... no wait... that's another thread, wrong forum, sorry.

dave
Yep, and it's been locked. :lol:
Doesn't look like much yet, since I just started it. I picked up the 15 bean soup thing at the store. I threw out the ham flavoring packet, as i am putting two ham hocks in (only one pictured). It has chicken stock, white pepper (just picked some of this up the other day), salt, thyme, Mexican oregano, a yellow onion, five cloves of finely chopped garlic, and carrots. Yes, I know, it's 100 degrees out, but I wanted some beans.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
While waiting on the beans, I made egg salad. I boiled the eggs for less thean two minutes, pulled them off, and let them set. After 15 i put them in the freezer to cool down. Yolks were set but still moist. I then chopped them up, added onion, Puckered Pickle super green relish, mayo, and a big shake or two of Crazy Kiwi mustard sauce. Mmm
$image.jpg$image.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hmmmm, a open faced hamburger..........the cogs are turning. Now I want one.
When I did carpet cleaning, we'd stop at a dive called Verna's in Euless, TX. They had the James Smith special. Two open faced cheeseburgers (half a bun each) covered with chili and onions. The perfect fuel for a day back busting work.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
When I did carpet cleaning, we'd stop at a dive called Verna's in Euless, TX. They had the James Smith special. Two open faced cheeseburgers (half a bun each) covered with chili and onions. The perfect fuel for a day back busting work.

All this talk made me hungry. My take on a open faced hamburger.

This is before I topped it with a egg......

$20160625_183727.jpg

..... then topped with a fried egg, Valentina Hot Sauce, salt and pepper to top.
Sorry about the crappy cell phone photos but you get the idea. Oh and I did not burn my buns this time. :w00t:

$20160625_183924.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Woops forgot to say just what it includes.
Hamburger bun toasted, iceberg lettuce, beef patties, Venison Texas Red, diced tomato, diced onion, grated cheese, fried egg, Valentina Hot Sauce, salt and pepper.

Very nice indeed, I will do similar again. I'm full and my feet are now up, watching the last test match All Blacks vs Wales.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No beans about it. That there are some beans. :thumbup1:
There is something I really love about them- hamhocks prvide so much flavor, and cost less than $4 for the two of them.
I was just about to ask if the beans are cooked. Looks like a good hearty (or something that rhymes with) meal. :thumbup1:
They finished up around 11 last night. I let the crock cool, then tossed it in the fridge. I let them cook for another 4 hours today, and the flavor was out of this world. Even the wife liked them (I generally end up eating them all myself)

Top Bottom