What's new

What's Cooking 2016

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Looks great Chris!

By my dietary calendar, winter is nigh! And by my countdown clock for EST, 7 hours to go... 'til summer!
Enjoy those legs and vegetables, winter's not all bad.
dave

I enjoy all seasons, no point wishing the year away.
It is the shortest day of the year here today, time for some hearty winter meals for me.

Looking forward to the summer food post from you Dave.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Scalawag chili

View attachment 667132
Some sneaky Canuck put some beans into ma Chili. Good thing the last folk to be hung in Canada was in 1962. Cremini mushrooms and red bell peppers were added as well. I did thicken it a little with corn flour. That adds a taste we don't get in Canada as far as I've noticed.

Shouldn't be spelled chil-eh?

brucered

System Generated
Good call on the Corn Flour [MENTION=9416]Alacrity59[/MENTION]. I thicken mine with Corn Masa Flour when needed.

But what's with the Spatula for chili? I'll assume the meat was ground in that pan and it's a one dish meal.

Harvested the rest of our garlic scapes today and still have a tub of yesterday's pesto left...

Asparagus binging time of yearn need to work the pesto and asparagus.

Grilled sourdough bread and asparagus, garlic scape pesto, ricotta cheese and embellishments.

The pesto, ricotta & scallions on toast are sublime, the asparagus and egg, icing on the cake.

dave

(Sorted the image sizing issues as well.)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Shouldn't be spelled chil-eh?

Chill-eh Concarn-eh!

Good call on the Corn Flour @Alacrity59. I thicken mine with Corn Masa Flour when needed.

But what's with the Spatula for chili? I'll assume the meat was ground in that pan and it's a one dish meal.

Yep, just grabbed a pic after I added the offending items just to tease our Texan friends. I borrowed the idea of adding beef and chicken stock too. It was very nice.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Getting some things set up for the week so I made some pizza dough while making dinner. The oven fries were delicious as well as the roasted pepper and tomato salsa. I've never had brocollini roasted in the oven though. Pretty much what I would do on the BBQ. Threats of thunderstorms and hail in the area but no sign yet so cooking inside on a too hot to cook inside day.

$Monday  (1 of 3).jpg
$Monday  (2 of 3).jpg$Monday  (3 of 3).jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Oh yeah . . . clean up . . . used about every bowl etc. in the house. The Amazon Basics silicone baking mats are a bargain at $17 for a pair. Easy cleanup from the oven fries and roasted red pepper and tomatoes. Bagged the pizza dough to put in the meat drawer. Have to keep an eye on it as it will puff up to the point of damaging things.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Went to the Hula Hut last night. It's a Mexican food restaurant Lake Austin right next to the dam. If you ever visit Austin you'll need to go there.

$hula_hut_675.jpg$D_D_5407.jpg

Shrimp Burrito

$IMG_2123[1].jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I mostly post things on plates that are maybe 9"x9". Well I like to use the dishwasher when it is full so this picture is on a larger plate.

Again this is the result of something that was shipped to me by Chef's Plate and not something I would ever have come up with on my own.

Indonesian Stir Fry.

So silly simple and impossibly delicious.

$Indonesian Stir Fr.jpg

Still playing with the garlic scape pesto.

Sauteed some chopped celery, spring onions, chili flakes & crushed fennel seeeds. Dumped in a jar of hand smooshed tomatoes from last summer's harvest.

Cubed and fried up a couple leftover Spicy Italian Sausages.

Boiled up another handful of the weekend's rolled out linguine.

Assembled for the photo-op and grated & ground parmesan reggiano & pepper overtop the pasta portion.

Pictures then heaped it all together adding more sauce and cheese and got to eat it while it was still hot.

dave

I mostly post things on plates that are maybe 9"x9". Well I like to use the dishwasher when it is full so this picture is on a larger plate.

Again this is the result of something that was shipped to me by Chef's Plate and not something I would ever have come up with on my own.

Indonesian Stir Fry.

So silly simple and impossibly delicious.

View attachment 667930

Nasi Goreng it looks like, and looks good too. It's usually made using last night's leftovers and is the breakfast of champions!

Top Bottom