What's new

What you do to get BBS on tough areas on your face

How I shave those tough places to get BBS

• I use just a wet shaving DE razor and nothing else.

• I apply a cartridge razor to my upper lip etc.

• I humbly admit, I use an electric razor to get a bbs

• I don't care to get a bbs all over my face

Results are only viewable after voting.
J

Jarmo P

I mean on the upper lip and jaw area that comes to me as hard ones.
I admit using a battery run electric razor, to finish it so I don't feel any sandpaper when faceturbation, lol

So feel free to post on this poll fellow shavers.

I edit that I get quite close shaves on my upper lip, but still not close enough with DE for my taste. Perhaps poor technique. Everyone though agree that a weeper does not look good?
And if we aim for the best in our daily use to look/feel well shaven as we can be?

Personally i just use a DE all over, and if I want bbs I take my time and have a goof feel, re-lather the rough spots with my hand and blade buff the area

I use on DE on my face and am now working on using a Bic Sensitive Disposable on my head with the idea of eventually going DE on my head.

I do use the Bic on my face in areas near the nose to just clean up things. Depends upon which of my seven razors I am using as to whether I use the Bic.

For me, the problem area is the left side of my neck. I basically do one extra pass to "clean up" the area.

What about straight razors in this poll?

I get a BBS by using a straight razor although I have to admit that the chin area is the toughest for me. In that case I have to focus on my angles an my skin stretching technique.

J

Jarmo P

What about straight razors in this poll?
It was let out by a mistake. I have not never been able to go/try against my thick beard on my upper lip. So stupid of me I forgot someone who can, maybe, with a straight razor? And my chin, sure is too hard and I never try to get a babybuttshave there with my HD.

My upper lip, i mean below nose, it is something I can go easy down, sides, but not ATG.
And ATG I need in my every shave as the 3rd pass to get ultimate. Adams apple on the neck is a tough spot though and I have not figured out that really well. I do neck shaving mostly on second downwards pass and that is where I might get a weeper. Last pass is all up, except as told on my upper lip.

Those horizontal whiskers on the neck are my nemesis, but with good lather and a Derby blade, light or no pressure and short strokes, even that area gets to the BBS level.

Best,
Jay

I get my best shaves with a straight. However, I can also get a great shave with a DE. My favorite DE is my Merkur slant.

I've started doing three passes daily, now that I have my MWF soap.

The first two passes are are WTG. The third is ATG/XTG, and I concentrate specifically on my jaw and chin. I pull the skin taut and do short strokes against the grain (as the grain isn't quite north/south, it looks like a XTG stroke).

I couldn't do this everyday before getting my Mitchell's soap.

Blade buffing - after rinsing all soap off with very cold water and drying the face. Use very light stokes. I use a DE razor but you might find for buffing a cartridge razor works better for beginners. Sometimes I might put a bit of Charles Roberts cutting balm before buffing.

Top Bottom