What's new

What was your carry today?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I will. It's seriously estimated for April something delivery.

That’s crazy. I ordered 100 GSB’s from blades & more, a 100 Israeli Reds from EBay, 2 blade banks from Em’s, a leather holster from Turkey, 12 bars of soap from Swanson’s and an electric back shaver with a big do it yourself handle from Amazon and they all got here this week. :)

That’s crazy. I ordered 100 GSB’s from blades & more, a 100 Israeli Reds from EBay, 2 blade banks from Em’s, a leather holster from Turkey, 12 bars of soap from Swanson’s and an electric back shaver with a big do it yourself handle from Amazon and they all got here this week. :)
Ahh, went with the speed scabbard from The Masters Holsters, did ya? 👀

OkieStubble

On page 36 I threw up a picture of the rig. And because I generally always carry concealed, I don’t have many pics of it, but here’s one my buddy took of me when we were out on my lot burning stuff. You can clearly see it in the picture.

View attachment 1218323

Its for my G42 which weighs nothing. 17oz? You can’t feel it on at all. It’s really comfortable. In the summer I wear a T-shirt with the rig over that, and then a dress shirt over that. If you leave the buttons down a bit, it’s super easy to access. In the winter... well, it’s too easy.

The holster I have is the cheapest and made out of suede. I thought I’d try it in spite of everyone saying get the leather. I love the suede because it holds onto my shirts and keeps everything in place. If you sweat a ton or wear it next to your skin, as soft as it is, don’t buy it because it’ll absorb moisture and it is after all, under your pits!

And yeah no, I don’t wear it every day. What I should have said I wear it nearly every time I carry my 42 now. Which isn’t as often as it used to be being it competes with my 43 and my 442.

That’s a good lookin’ dude in that pic! If I was a girl, I’d date him... ;)
Lmao.

OkieStubble

Ahh, went with the speed scabbard from The Masters Holsters, did ya? 👀

I probably should have. I got it from Masc holsters in Turkey. It looks awesome on the hip. But the boning was only superficial on the outside of the holster. It doesn’t go thru to the inside of the leather and does nothing to hold the revolver in place.

The pistol easily pulls out when on the hip without the slightest bit of retention. In fact, I can turn the holster upside down and the pistol easily falls out. It really isn’t anything more than a good looking bucket holster.

A waist of $65 IMO. I live and I learn.

I probably should have. I got it from Masc holsters in Turkey. It looks awesome on the hip. But the boning was only superficial on the outside of the holster. It doesn’t go thru to the inside of the leather and does nothing to hold the revolver in place.

The pistol easily pulls out when on the hip without the slightest bit of retention. In fact, I can turn the holster upside down and the pistol easily falls out. It really isn’t anything more than a good looking bucket holster.

A waist of $65 IMO. I live and I learn.
That's no good. I went and checked my two Turkish-made speed scabbard OWB holsters from The Masters. The J-Frame hoster (brown) is unfinished on the inside but the boning was evident inside the holster. The 1911 Commander holster (black) is a smooth Italian Leather and the internal shaping from the external boning is evident.

Useless without pics, so here you go...

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

That's no good. I went and checked my two Turkish-made speed scabbard OWB holsters from The Masters. The J-Frame hoster (brown) is unfinished on the inside but the boning was evident inside the holster. The 1911 Commander holster (black) is a smooth Italian Leather and the internal shaping from the external boning is evident.

Useless without pics, so here you go...

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Same here with the Italian cowhide. My inside of the holster was finished and is smooth. It’s simply just not fitted to the gun. There is no snug hold at all.

Does yours hold your gun when turning it upside down?

I should have listened to Tim, @Acmemfg, hurt once, pay once.

Same here with the Italian cowhide. My inside of the holster was finished and is smooth. It’s simply just not fitted to the gun. There is no snug hold at all.

Does yours hold your gun when turning it upside down?

I should have listened to Tim, @Acmemfg, hurt once, pay once.
Yes. This is with the added weight of the loaded gun. 7+1 rounds.
I'm only holding onto the belt slot. No pressure on the pistol.

Of course, leather will never lock down like kydex, but it should hold it secure - especially when on your hip with the belt tightened and the pressure of your body against the back of the holster.

Cheers.

proxy.php

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Yes. This is with the added weight of the loaded gun. 7+1 rounds.
I'm only holding onto the belt slot. No pressure on the pistol.

Of course, leather will never lock down like kydex, but it should hold it secure - especially when on your hip with the belt tightened and the pressure of your body against the back of the holster.

Cheers.

proxy.php

Mine won’t do that. Not a snug fit when wearing it either. It should hold it fine as long as I keep it concealed and don’t do any gymnastics while wearing it until I can get something better in.

Mine won’t do that. Not a snug fit when wearing it either. It should hold it fine as long as I keep it concealed and don’t do any gymnastics while wearing it until I can get something better in.

I think you're safe. Most of us on Badger and Blade are long past the "gymnastics" phase of our lives... :thumbsup:

Masc has a decent returns policy. Worth looking into. I have had their products before. No, they are not great. All got returned.

OkieStubble

Masc has a decent returns policy. Worth looking into. I have had their products before. No, they are not great. All got returned.

Their site says they take returns, but the cost to send it back to Turkey? And then waiting to see if they will charge it back to the account, might not be worth the trouble considering it was 65 bucks.

Their site says they take returns, but the cost to send it back to Turkey? And then waiting to see if they will charge it back to the account, might not be worth the trouble considering it was 65 bucks.
This might be worth doing a little holster work yourself. Unloaded gun in a plastic bag inside a wet holster, and work the exterior boning pattern a bit more yourself. Nothing to lose...

I’m just going to say this. I’m a bit of a holster whore. I’ve got em all, and I’ve spent a fortune on em. But ever since I got a j-frame and Covid and winter came into town, anymore I’m just throwing that thing into a pocket holster and into my back right pocket. Its a very easy draw!

I don’t advocate it. Especially when you’ve got a great collection of holsters for “better” guns. But dang! It’s SO easy.

Yeah, the Airweight series is as light as I want to go in .38+p. The Ti or Scandium framed wheelguns are certainly not pleasant to shoot, and I find myself shooting them poorly as I anticipate the brutal recoil in those.
So I'm not alone!

Top Bottom