What's new

What was your carry today?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Almost the same as yesterday but changed the primary. Today it's one of my JP Sauer 38h with the little FN in my pocket. I am trying to write a comparison piece of the three German WWII creations in 7.65s; the Walther PP, JP Sauer 38h and the Mauser HSc. Lots of similarities among the three beyond just the ammo but also all three were to a great extent the product of lessons learned in the Great War that actually turned out to be less an advantage and in some ways a detriment.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hope to cover both the similarities but also point towards the different ways each of the makers addressed the lessons learned during WWI.

But mainly it will just give me a good excuse to get all three to the range for a Play Day.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Almost the same as yesterday but changed the primary. Today it's one of my JP Sauer 38h with the little FN in my pocket. I am trying to write a comparison piece of the three German WWII creations in 7.65s; the Walther PP, JP Sauer 38h and the Mauser HSc. Lots of similarities among the three beyond just the ammo but also all three were to a great extent the product of lessons learned in the Great War that actually turned out to be less an advantage and in some ways a detriment.

I would love to read it. you have a nice and easy way of writing about the history of the guns and pics you post here. Can't help but to appreciate these older firearms more after learning their history.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hope to cover both the similarities but also point towards the different ways each of the makers addressed the lessons learned during WWI.

But mainly it will just give me a good excuse to get all three to the range for a Play Day.

Beauties! But doesn't that heel catch mag release on the HSc wreck your thumbnail? I've shot one. Failed to feed/go into battery often. Then, you've got to grip it low ... Also shot the Manurhin and it was excellent! Never jammed.

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Beauties! But doesn't that heel catch mag release on the HSc wreck your thumbnail? I've shot one. Failed to feed/go into battery often. Then, you've got to grip it low ... Also shot the Manurhin and it was excellent! Never jammed.

AA
I'll discuss that (and some other issues ) I hope but it is another example of lessons learned in the Great War that just might have been better not learned. For the Great War Mauser produced the 1910 and also 1914. They had heel magazine releases but there were complaints that the magazine release would get caught accidentally and dump the mag. In addition during the trench warfare of the Great War sometimes dirt and debris got caught at the rear of the magazine release making it difficult or impossible to drop the magazine.

proxy.php

So for the next War Mauser streamlined the release and designed one that would never accidentally drop the magazine.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Working the range today, I carried my Glock M19 in an Uncle Mikes Kydex paddle holster.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I know about the Ibex but what does a Kydex look like?
A genetically modified hybrid of the Ibex, first breed in the bluegrass state of Kentucky. Coloration is highly variable, but the most often encountered is black or charcoal gray. The hide is very tough and difficult to make supple, but impervious to moisture and abrasion.

Top Bottom