What's new

what to do with a khaki blazer...

My wife recently purchased a tan I.N.C. blazer from Macy's for me. She says I look good in it, but I don't find myself wearing blazers much, since I'd just as well wear a suit if an event is formal enough for a blazer.

Am I being to stodgy about blazer-wearing? How does one use a blazer effectively?

Wife suggests wearing it with nice blue jeans, etc along with a button up shirt or even a t-shirt. Really??

Edit:
Found it on the Macy's website -- it's this one, but apparently in "Chinchilla" color... haha

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=311772&CategoryID=33633

Your wife may be on to something. Match it up with the jeans and T shirt she suggested. Add some loafers and wear it to brunch tomorrow. She'll love it and so will you. Blazers like that are pretty versitile. Wear it to the movies, farmer's market, PTA meeting, library, the list is almost endless. Don't think of it as dressy. It's more like casual1.0.

Your wife may be on to something. Match it up with the jeans and T shirt she suggested. Add some loafers and wear it to brunch tomorrow. She'll love it and so will you. Blazers like that are pretty versitile. Wear it to the movies, farmer's market, PTA meeting, library, the list is almost endless. Don't think of it as dressy. It's more like casual1.0.

Thanks -- I'm slowly learning to trust my wife's fashion sense over the rigid dressing rules I developed in my own head over the past couple decades. We've only been married a few years, but I think she knows me better than me. :biggrin:

but I think she knows me better than me. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

This is usually the case, but we don't like to put that in print. Just sayin'.

Mods! Please erase any trace of this post...........:smile:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's cotton, and from the look of the website (a bit hard to tell, but anyhow) it seems to be of a more casual construction. So I'd get a pair of beige pants (a cotton-linen blend would be best) that are noticeably lighter in colour than the jacket, and a linen shirt (white or a pale colour ... blue, pink, lavender, ... &c, as long as it's a pale version of that colour) and you are all set to take your wife out for a nice Sunday on the town during the hotter half of the year.

Think of yourself as a college professor. Some of mine wore jeans, teeshirt, and blazer, That is black tie on a college campus

I agree this is something that will set you apart from the average joe out on the town.

Top Bottom