What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

💈
SOTD
💈

Shave smooth and comfortable today.
Turner & Cowlishaw Razor 6/8"
WEST Meriden Conn.(About 1872~1876),Wedge,
Horween Shell Cordovan Strops.
This time honing uses Taiwan Stone+Mejiro Nagura .
20240521-1.jpg
20240521-1.jpg2.jpg

P. Guériton 6/8

I pulled out the 3k to remove a tiny chip near the toe that I’ve been meaning to take out for a while. Then 8k and a Jnat finish with the tiniest wisp of slurry. Holy moly this was an edge that Greek Gods would be proud of! Three comfortable passes for BBS. Absolute perfection, maybe my best shave ever.

IMG_4184.jpeg

So I get that this might will be the most unrewarding post here but it is my truth. I swapped to a Feather folder a couple of years ago then also purchased the Feather Japanese styled straight a little over a year ago and haven’t gone back. I have a few straights and DE’s but that Feather kamisori just works best for me, and without having to maintain a blade. Lazy, but love it! Also just a neck shaver so have been using a Simpson Wee Scot for a long time and am working through a tub of Cella which isn’t my first choice, but is getting the job done well.

Last edited:
💈
SOTD
💈

R.J.(Ruel Jeune) PARIS 54, RUE DE RIVOLI #1 RAZOR 6/8"
Near Wedge,French Point,
Spacer Lead Wedge,
About 1860~1880,
This time honing uses Taiwan Stone+Mejiro Nagura .
Horween Shell Cordovan Strops.
Shave smooth and comfortable today.
“Ruel Jeune”
That year, salesman Xavier Ruel founded the brand new business “Ruel Jeune” at 54, rue de Rivoli. From the outset,
it was nicknamed “Napoleon Bazar”: rumor has it that Xavier Ruel rescued Empress Eugénie in front of her store while her horses were rearing.
https://lemaraismood.com/comment-le-bhv-est-devenu-tendance/

20240522-1.jpg

20240522-2.jpg

20240522-3.jpg

20240522-4.jpg

1716387854196.png

1716387892116.png

Filarmónica Especial Para Barbas Duras
MacDuff's Alberta Boys

Success.
Success.
Success.

I toned down the edge after my last shave with this razor and the result this morning was just wonderful. Edge was still quite smooth today (not a bit tuggy or scrape-y), but no longer inclined to bite on the chin. It's been a rough (and somewhat bloody) 5 rounds in the ring with this razor, but we've now ducked under the ropes and exited the arena as good friends. A terrific shave this morning.

Top Bottom