What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

PXL_20210309_021139009.jpg

This looks like a very nice razor, @Eastcoast30. Can you tell us more about this one?
I got it on BST from a member here. It has a short 2-1/2" blade, perfect for detailing a short beard. Hikari was started in the 1960s and became world famous for making precision scissors. Fukataro Takahashi started the company and was known for excellence in hair cutting tools, metallurgy and razor sharp scissors. They are still well known today. Given the design and stamping, the razor was likely made for Hikari by Hayashi Diamond.

J.R. Torrey Co.
Long Rifle Soap Co. Hivernant
Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210309_060314.jpg

a fine Torrey Tuesday. first use of a LR soap. have been meaning to buy from this company for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. glad that I did!. exceptional performance and slickness. I like herbal scents......so the rosemary/mint/tea tree suits me well. first mentholated soap I've purchased. very chilly 2 and 1/2 passes in. will make for a good summer soap. this is what I would expect a soap from the 1800's to smell like.

Thanks Amanda for making a fine product!!!!!

be well all.

camo

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: Colonel Conc Bayrum
BRUSH: Frank Shave Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Paco Rabanne
20210310_075803.jpg

I was expecting a lot from this soap. I love the name and always wanted to try Bayrum (love the drink, so the soap has to be good right?). Being a PIF I had to cut a bit off and bowl lather, something I have never done. The lather was so weak and watery, in a word pathetic. The smell was ok but weak, not offensive. The second pass had the worst lather I have ever seen, I could see my face with a faint watery cover. My overall opinion of Colonel Conc is meh. I'll try again because I want to like the product but if it fails this hard again tomorrow it's off the list of shave soaps to buy.

Heinr Boker 6/8 Silver Steel
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave Splash
Pre de Provence 63 EdT
Elite Razor Amboyna Burl Handle 24mm Silver Tip Badger
5729A40C-CD60-4D19-89FA-14A416BB853B.jpeg
2A63FC52-3021-4DCF-80F3-E4D310E03FE4.jpeg
17A1EAD1-AFED-473F-B25F-1E23FC5E2431.jpeg

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: Colonel Conc Bayrum
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: CK Eternity
20210311_074357.jpg

Take 2 on the Colonel Conc. After a woeful performance I used my Crabtree & Evelyn wooden bowl and synthetic brush to work the soap up. It took more effort than my other soaps and produced an ok lather on the face. When scraped onto the toilet paper it lacks the volume and density Proraso makes. So it was an OK soap, but I wouldn't rush to buy it.

Top Bottom