What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Dorko 855 - 15/16
A Dorko of the early years designed for the US market.
proxy.php

Last edited:
This morning I was staring at shelf after shelf of razors and suddenly my eyes locked onto the only razor that I actually have found to be truly intimidating. It isn't a beauty and I've referred to it as "The Ultimate Sadomasochistic Shaving Tutor". If you can get a bloodless BBS shave from a Feather DX straight razor loaded with a Feather Professional blade you have no reason to feel intimidated by any other straight razor. Yes today for the first time in years this punk felt lucky to give it a go. I picked the razor, but as my hand hovered over the blades I decided to go for a Kaptain KAI blade instead of the Feather Professional.

The only instruction required on how to shave with this razor is actually on the scales: Feather. The key is to let the razor glide over the skin with no more pressure than a feather. I followed the instructions and got a BBS even if I admit that going ATG on the upper lip made me a bit nervous. I'm looking forward to the upcoming six shaves.

20210306_065212.jpg

Thiers-Issard
MDC Original
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210306_115202.jpg

unlocked the puzzle of MDC this morn. it gets to stay now. I've contemplated all the possible scents to buy and have come to the conclusion that I like the Lavender/Herbal smell of the original. the 50gr. jar would be ideal for traveling but must get the 200 gr.

luxurious shave.

be well all.

camo

Today’s shave was a great 3 pass with a Woosty, a badger silver tip whipped dog brush and some Cella from the brick. At first this blade took me forever to get a decent edge on it but persistence did pay off. It’s rare to have such a keen edge in a blade and have it so perfectly balanced. Whenever I use this one it feels perfect in either my left or right hand and always leaves me with a close shave that’s irritation free. I even splashed some Pinaud whisky woods on afterwards only to feel a little alcohol burn. It was a great way to start the day!

Larry

image.jpg

Top Bottom