What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Shave test for the Torrey Gibraltar today. This blade seems very thin, like most Torrey razors. Lots (no really, LOTS) of audible feedback, almost to the point that I wondered if there was any cutting going on. But the results are fantastically smooth and close, and the alum said this was a very kind shave.
IMG_20200119_114756-01.jpeg

Torrey Gibraltar, 13/16”, Full hollow, Round Point
Arko stick
Rick Montalvo in Silvertip
Old Spice Original

I new that one wouldn't last long at that insane low price. You got a hell of a deal.
I was really lucky with this one. It looks even better in person. There was probably a bit of light rust on one side of the blade near the toe towards the spine. If I am correct, it was buffed out with skill and care. The scales look to be original too. The seller knows how to hone a razor. It definitely arrived in "shave-ready" condition. Aside from light hone wear it looks new.

Does anyone know the age of this razor?

I was really lucky with this one. It looks even better in person. There was probably a bit of light rust on one side of the blade near the toe towards the spine. If I am correct, it was buffed out with skill and care. The scales look to be original too. The seller knows how to hone a razor. It definitely arrived in "shave-ready" condition. Aside from light hone wear it looks new.

Does anyone know the age of this razor?

I dont know the age but if I remember right Cape is a tanifuji blade.

My Sunday shave was with a new to me Koraat 8/8. I’m loving the razor (though it’s huge), but the edge seems to need some work. I may need to learn how to hone. :) Ended up with a decent shave, but my face felt a bit torn up.

(Forgive the near empty jar of MdC... I’m really trying to polish that off).

Attachments

• FC42D494-47BD-47E3-A0D1-EA2C8B2C1E4C.jpeg
    FC42D494-47BD-47E3-A0D1-EA2C8B2C1E4C.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 26
I LOVE this razor !!! I would be happy to take one off of your hands if you ever sold any!!! That shoulder less design is sexy along with the jimps
One day I might sell the entry version, with black plastic scales, of this razor. It is also available for a surprisingly good price at The Invisible Edge.
Beautiful Tiger and Puma display Arne. I'd enjoy seeing your entire display case.

Thanks, Dave.

Thanks, Antoine.
Richard, I wouldn't dare. I find the number to be a bit embarrassing and displaying my lack of self control. Then again for one interested in history they might be interesting.
You really can't go wrong with a Friodur.
Puma Gold 13/16. I very seldom shave with this one but it’s always a pleasure.

proxy.php
An iconic razor in perfect condition.

One day I might sell the entry version, with black plastic scales, of this razor. It is also available for a surprisingly good price at The Invisible Edge.

Richard, I wouldn't dare. I find the number to be a bit embarrassing and displaying my lack of self control. Then again for one interested in history they might be interesting.

You really can't go wrong with a Friodur.

An iconic razor in perfect condition.

Tks Arne !

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1-20-20.Kit.Kinfolks#1.640ABC.Yaqi.JPG

Kinfolks #1 (I have a Kinfolks #2 much like this one).

Soap is ABC. A stellar soap. I have only the sample, but the stuff may be worth what it sells for.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Attachments

• 1579535239001.png
    1579535239001.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom