What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

@Straight up I thought that you were TI shaving this week. I will be trying my Comoy's of London for the first time on Friday. All other days this week are booked with other SR's. I honed it up yesterday. Needed to set the bevel and finished by putting it through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression.

That's the one.
I have 5 of the buggers and am using that set this week. They were so cheap and they give the nice razors a breather for a week thereby extending their precious lives ;)

24CC1A7D-3BC0-41B4-B20A-BD403D814FD6.jpeg
😀

PXL_20211123_164031683-01.jpeg

Wade & Butcher FBU
Rick Montalvo
Razor Emporium, Barbershop (sample)
TOBS Eaton College

After abusing my face with too much wind and sun on Sunday, and then taking it easy with the mild GEM Featherweight yesterday, the big gun came out today. Wonderful BBS result with zero irritation.

Today was the second experience with the RE Barbershop. It was every bit as good as the first. It was easy to produce a wonderful lather that was very slick, rinsed off very easily, and left a great post-shave feel.

Today's shave was with one of my five T.R. Cadman "Bengall" SR's. This SR has an attitude problem.

I was happily shaving away on my final pass, total concentration as normal, when the edge of this recalcitrant razor had the nerve to bite me!

Definitely not operator error. Must be the tool.

View attachment 1366320

Too big for the alum so toilet paper was required.
How dare that razor bite you…you prince!

I’ve been scoring my sourdough with the tip of a Watanabe petty, which works OK. Last week I honed a Rodgers full hollow that is cracked near the heel and thus not safe for shaving. But the plan was to use it as a lame for scoring bread. You can see that the Rodgers did a fantastic job scoring the soft dough. So I did find a job for what otherwise would be a useless razor.
8F634C33-E93B-4C3B-B977-C6D7CE3CF16A.jpeg
EF09C603-7035-4246-9DA7-EA090F8CF13A.jpeg

I’ve been scoring my sourdough with the tip of a Watanabe petty, which works OK. Last week I honed a Rodgers full hollow that is cracked near the heel and thus not safe for shaving. But the plan was to use it as a lame for scoring bread. You can see that the Rodgers did a fantastic job scoring the soft dough. So I did find a job for what otherwise would be a useless razor.
View attachment 1367622View attachment 1367623

What straight did you use today? Hmm... yes I see.
I have some that I actually do use for letter openers.
I never thought about those before in relation to this thread.
Thanks!

Top Bottom