What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
6.jpg

D330A7FC-A517-42A0-8BB2-A5881C629BFB.jpeg
Vintage Gen Takahashi Hayashi Diamond H.Diamond Towa 9074 Tungsten Steel Japanese straight razor
A&E Kaizen
Razor notes,,,getting past beauty of the razor, first few shaves while nice , they where not phenomenal
Retouch edge serveral shaves ago, Shobu Mizu Asagi, matching tomo chunk slurry
Few thoughts while owning this diamond, needed several shaves to learn appreciate razor,,,
The dark translucent amber flamming scales are stunning but the steel, and razor grind is the star ⭐
An amazing shaver
Cheers all

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning was my first shave with my new-to-me post 1923 T.R. Cadman and Sons ⅝ "Bengall".Face lathered with ARKO. Gotta love that soap.

This SR was used off of a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression. The shave was not quite as comfortable as my other "Bengall" SR's so after the shave I put it through a double hanging 0.1μm balsa strop progression. I think that is all that it will need.

IMG_20211125_080734.jpg
Tomorrow will be my first shave with my new Comoy's of London SR. Then on Saturday I'll compare that against a "Bengall" ¾. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
@Mr Bedlington, I am curious to learn more about Michael Waterhouse. Where can I find more info?

Have to say that it is pretty cool that someone is making razors like this in England - looks modern with the laser engraving (?).

Hi, Frank,

Michael made the razor for me about 5 or maybe 6 years ago, I commissioned the razor, it's made from 01 Sheffield steel loosely based around a contemporary W&B FBU, he's a custom knifemaker I do see Michael posting his knives usually kitchen knives on Instagram, I'm not too sure if he's still making razors, you could contact him if you so wished, I'll leave you his Instagram page and you can take it from there, good luck, he's a very nice person to deal with, tell him you spoke with Jamie from Wales he knows me pretty well. https://www.instagram.com/waterhouse.england/

Top Bottom