What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

2 used today. Marsden Warranted, Magnum Bonum c. 1820's. Finished on Gok20k and after the shave it got some Jnat love.
The other one, WB.

fullsizeoutput_1f79.jpeg

4 DE shave this year, I had to do something for Slantember. WTG straight, XTG DE and ATG straight. Tabac is king..

View attachment 1156984
I'm sorry to see that someone has stepped or your shaving contraption:001_tt2:

Just kidding. I'm actually curious about that new Fatip razor. I still have my Fatip razors (and one Joris) from the days when I didn't know better. I used to be a fan. Few DE razors triggers my interest these days, but this one does.

Just kidding. I'm actually curious about that new Fatip razor. I still have my Fatip razors (and one Joris) from the days when I didn't know better. I used to be a fan. Few DE razors triggers my interest these days, but this one does.
I don’t know a lot but that contraption is getting close to what a straight can do. That said I cant find my zen with any DE...

Selecting a new razor every Saturday morning makes me feel like a child in a candy store holding the weekly allowance in a sweaty hand. What should I pick? I wanted a razor that I hadn't shaved with for a very long time and that was very different to what I usually prefer. I found this Joseph Rodgers&Sons. The face of the blade is engraved with "REAL OLD ENGLISH RAZOR". Frankly I have no idea how old it is. I guess that the markings on the tang could guide me, but I'm too lazy.

I can't say that the razor is true wedge, but if it's for sure as close as it gets. I started shaving with it and very soon I realised why I've been avoiding this razor. It's like shaving with a very sharp ordinary carpenters knife. It's heavy, inflexible and totally unforgiving. I didn't cut myself, and I did a three pass shave, but I was on my toes all the time.

Those of you gentlemen who have full wedge razors as your main preference have my respect. I salute you:thumbsup:, but I doubt that I'll stick with this razor for a whole week.:eek:

20200926_072723.jpg

I just picked up on the the last few shaving contraptions I'm interested in. A Jones shake sharp SE that uses a DE blade. I use it very rarely but I've been fond of it.

It's like shaving with a very sharp ordinary carpenters knife. It's heavy, inflexible and totally unforgiving.

I am so sorry, Arne, that your fabulous collection is diminished by having such a detestable razor amongst the gems. Being heavy, inflexible, and totally unforgiving myself, I hope you would allow me the honor of taking that beast off of your hands, in hopes that it not darken your days in the future.

PXL_20200926_201324944-01.jpeg

Johan Engström frameback
Truefitt & Hill 1805
Maggard's Black & White
TOBS Eaton College

The Engström frameback is one of my favorite razors. It's a bit "twisty" to hold due to the tang being the same thickness as the blade itself. But, with a confident, but not overly tight, grip it delivers a remarkably close and smooth shave.

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Today, Saturday early evening, was a good day.

I got to sleep-in like a Boss.

Got a lot of things done, and made it a recovery day. (No running, no weights, no climbing, no Muay Thai).

Just slow and easy...and wearing only boxers and slippers around the house all day. 😁

During the early evening (around 1700 hours), I decided to shave.

And today’s shave was outstanding, as my WH Morley always is. (Especially after a hone from a few days ago).

I matched it with the subtle and clean Sandalwood scent the Captains Choice gives. (Love his soap attributes as well).

Once again, no time restraints today...so a bowl lather it is.

What the heck, it's late in the day. Why not really enjoy it with one of my favorite dark biers? (The ONLY biers I drink)!!

Such a relaxing day and shave.

The movie I pick better be good as well.

Crushing Saturday!

Straight: WH Morley & Sons
DE: Carbon Shaving: CX-316L (for the head)
Lather: Captains Choice “Sandalwood”
Balm: Captains Choice “Sandalwood”
Splash: Captains Choice “Sandalwood”
Brush: WCS Beacon (Silvertip)
Bowl: Captains Choice (large)
Bier: Highwater Brewing “Campfire Stout”

C2D6D300-56CF-47D3-8A7E-03700E2373A9.jpeg

Top Bottom