What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Sunday Shave

0818B19B-3EC9-4D22-A664-7E4765D2B93A.jpeg

does your frameback have great acoustic's?

I used my Engström frameback recently. It had more audible feedback than my wedges and near wedges, but far less than my hollows.

Though the overall blade thickness is less than the spine thickness on hollows, it's still thicker than the "hollowed" portion and thus, more ridgid across the width of the blade. High tactile feedback. Low audible feedback on mine.

Reactions: CCR
Helje full hollow 7/8
I would love to see a picture, such large Heljestrand razors are rare birds.
I am so sorry, Arne, that your fabulous collection is diminished by having such a detestable razor amongst the gems. Being heavy, inflexible, and totally unforgiving myself, I hope you would allow me the honor of taking that beast off of your hands, in hopes that it not darken your days in the future.
Thank you Alan. I appreciate your unselfish gesture. The razor clearly isn't my type of shaver, and I'm pretty certain that it never will be. It does however have another value to me, that as a collector's item. I know that collecting razors is rightfully frowned upon, but yes I'm that type of guy. So the razor has its place as being a link in the chain showing how shaving tools evolved over time. Starting with that bronze replica I've got and ending with the last version of the black handled Gillette adjustable DE razor.

However if I ever change my mind I'll keep in mind that it is you're favourite type of razor.

Top Bottom