What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

11/16 Le Grelot #361 "The Lord Barber"
SOTD5-23-20.jpg

No pictures! I posted too many of my Dovo SS Barbarossa shorty yesterday, so I shaved with it today. The big, bad Manaslu 300 from Friday had not left much work for the Barbarossa today, so 1 pass with the SR and a little sideways neck cleanup with the Fatip Lo Storto Originale DE was all it took.

In my mind, I’m shaving with the Rigarazor that has been in the tender care of the Latvian postal authorities since early April.

Shave #29

Dovo "Barbarossa"
DG Gratiot League Square
Semogue 1305
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Clubman

20200524_075651.jpg

2 1/2 passes this fine Sunday morning. had to revisit the shorty. floated it on the Ark with glycerin and water yesterday. remarkable improvement.

be well all.

9.85/10

camo

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Shave #109 today with the Sub Cero, today marks a milestone though, the edge is one year old today. I honed it on May 24th 2019 according to my honing log, on a favorite hard jnat that does really well with hard, fine grained steel. It’s still shaving smoothly, no tugging of any sort, though the shave is not quite as smooth and close as it was 100 shaves ago. The edge is still delivering a DFS though, and has been remarkably stable since shave 35-40 or so. No pastes or abrasives, all the maintenance is with a 3-piece Kanoyama and a Tony Miller flax linen.

AA0F16A7-274C-46D2-A118-2D0766470A5A.jpeg

The days are getting longer and longer and warmer this far north. In the most northern region the sun never goes down, at least not in a couple of months and not too long after that it won't rise for many months.

It’s really difficult to put away the Heljestrand No.12. It’s such a nice shaver. Just as good as the smaller M.K. No.32 but by no means as vicious. Even so a large collection should be used or sold, so my pick for this week is another Heljestrand: No.24 4/8 quarter hollow. The domestic Heljestrand bestseller and a brilliant shaver in experienced hands.

I know that I year after year have preached to you that it’s not the size of the razor that matters but the proficiency of the shaver. Alas my words have been met with the type of arguments and distrust women often expresses when discussing a similar matter. I guess that I’m a lucky guy having all types of razors.

20200524_150351.jpg

HENCKELS 472

Hi Shavers, This Sunday it’s a couple products that I like for me. I’m using the Henckels for a nice CCS with the MdC. I just got around to trying the gem on the shaving world and I must say it’s a soap that I think I like works very well for me. Great razors I’ve seen in the last week.
A2840C5A-EF3A-4D78-AB0B-1B550537D492.jpeg

KEEP CALM AND SHAVE ON

Top Bottom