What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Véritable Paul Serindat - “Étoile D’Or”- 7/8

proxy.php

Today again, Heljestrand No.7 5/8 full hollow.

The Heljestrand 5/8 full hollow razors (including the M.K. No31) have a great flaw: They are so nice that once I have started to shave with one it's hard to put it away and give another razor a fair chance. The hard steel, the quality, it just feels so good. If it was a car it would be a really discrete luxury car. I'll see if I can manage to give another razor a chance tomorrow. In the summer of 2107 this very specimen kept me spellbound for more than two weeks before I managed to get out of its grip.
With the added help of Saponificio Varesino Cosmo it really brings a silver lining to my morning ritual.

View attachment 998738
Damn. Now I have to start hunting for a No. 7 in good shape. This one is lovely. (I thought you were going to say the great flaw was no thumb notch).

Véritable Paul Serindat - “Étoile D’Or”- 7/8

proxy.php
Lovely as always
Todays Shave

88 Sum Extra Japanese Razor
RazoRock Plague Doctor
Shavemac Silvertip D-01 2 Band
Stetson Aftershave

View attachment 998871
A great razor thank you for sharing Ian

Damn. Now I have to start hunting for a No. 7 in good shape. This one is lovely. (I thought you were going to say the great flaw was no thumb notch).
Richard, any Heljestrand 5/8 full hollow will do (1,3,4,7,8 or 31) it's all the same razor just from different time periods. I'm a sucker for thumb notch razors, especially the Heljestrand version, but the edge, size and steel is the same regardless of tang.

It's official. This Dorko no longer is NOS. I decided to try it this morning to see if it was shave ready from the factory. It was. I got a BBS (but not quit on the upper lip). So I'll give the edge a touch up to remedy what's been lost during 60-70 years of storage. It's a very noisy and well made Solingen 7/8 razor, just like you should expect of a Dorko.

Dorko 346.jpg

It's official. This Dorko no longer is NOS. I decided to try it this morning to see if it was shave ready from the factory. It was. I got a BBS (but not quit on the upper lip). So I'll give the edge a touch up to remedy what's been lost during 60-70 years of storage. It's a very noisy and well made Solingen 7/8 razor, just like you should expect of a Dorko.

View attachment 998952
A must have !

A must have !
Indeed Antoine,
It doesn't have to be a Dorko, but any well made post war Solingen 7/8 full (ultra) hollow razor is something every straight razor enthusiast should have. The sound it makes when moving down the stubble it's reason enough. It's the shaving world's equivalent of the sound of a large V8 engine in an American muscle car.

Top Bottom