What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Cool to see one of those getting some use! I’ll have to start making those again after it cools down. I’ve got plenty of blanks.

Hi Jay - I use it all the time. Lots of backbone with this one since the knot I used sits a bit deeper. Plus it's definitely one of a kind

Tanifuji 40 Maxfli Gold

proxy.php

Ichiri Co., Y. Akamatsu Razor Works, Manaslu M-100.
proxy.php
Very nice Manaslu. You've shown some very nice Japanese blades lately. I don't think I've ever met a Japanese blade that I didn't like, as one properly honed, hold an edge like no other, and all give a fantastic shave.

Dovo Bergischer Löwe 5/8. The design of this razor is an interesting (and a bit weird) mix from different time epochs. The shape of the blade is from the last quarter of the 1800's. The etching is definitely inspired by the 1950's and the scales are as modern as can be. What matters though is how it shaves, and I find it to be an excellent razor, but I would recommend something more sturdy as a first razor.
  • Scrupleworks 3" horween strop
  • Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
  • Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli Eau de Toilette
  • Nivea Men Originals Face Cream
  • 30mm Whipped Dog Silvertip brush
20190415_210024.jpg

Beautiful photo of one of the finest Japanese blades, Jamie.

Thank you, Richard, the Japanese emperor used a Tanifuji razor that's quite an endorsement, you would have thought he would have chosen an Iwasaki, well Tanifuji worked on and finished Iwasaki razors, perhaps the Emperor knew something we don't? :001_smile

First shave with a Henckels for me.
JA Henckles, 7/8”, Friodur, 72 1/2.
Arko stick
Omega boar
s-l1600-3.jpg

My thoughts when using this razor were, "Nice, but what's all the fuss about?" But post-shave, wow! One of the cleanest, closest, most effortless shaves I've had. So in retrospect I'm very pleased with this razor. I think I need to refine and smooth the edge a bit, but when I do this will be one stellar shaver.

Very nice Manaslu. You've shown some very nice Japanese blades lately. I don't think I've ever met a Japanese blade that I didn't like, as one properly honed, hold an edge like no other, and all give a fantastic shave.

I share your opinion. A saying among fans of the straight razors says "there is no Japanese who shaves badly"

Top Bottom