What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Shaved with the Puma 222 5/8 full hollow today. I decided to touch her up on my Translucent Arkansas(75) and then on the Surgical Black(125) and finished in leather for about 125 laps. The result, scary sharp yet smooth and comfortable. This was her first honing aside from the factory edge I’ve been shaving on.
Today’s software was Mike’s Natural Hungarian Lavender, which is new to me. I’ve somehow never used a Mike’s product, and I’ve been missing out! The Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender Aftershave and salve are also firsts for me. I enjoyed the light yet fleeting lavender scent and was surprised by how heavy the Aftershave was, but was well satisfied. I was left with a baby dolphin butt smooth shave, I’m on cloud 9! I really need to break out the Puma more often!!
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaved with the Puma 222 5/8 full hollow today. I decided to touch her up on my Translucent Arkansas(75) and then on the Surgical Black(125) and finished in leather for about 125 laps. The result, scary sharp yet smooth and comfortable. This was her first honing aside from the factory edge I’ve been shaving on.
Today’s software was Mike’s Natural Hungarian Lavender, which is new to me. I’ve somehow never used a Mike’s product, and I’ve been missing out! The Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender Aftershave and salve are also firsts for me. I enjoyed the light yet fleeting lavender scent and was surprised by how heavy the Aftershave was, but was well satisfied. I was left with a baby dolphin butt smooth shave, I’m on cloud 9! I really need to break out the Puma more often!!
proxy.php

I acquired the same razor a few months ago, and agree that it always provides a superb shave. I've been using Mike's for five years, and as far as I can tell, the formulation hasn't changed and he only recently has changed the container and added a few new scents. He's maintained a one man shop, and produces a very nice soap.

5957AA34-AE16-4E1E-862E-BB701983C890.jpeg
Wade and Butcher “True Wedge” with etching that says “If you lather well, I’ll shave well” . This is the first use after a few laps on the Thuringian.

Boker Silver Steel 6/8. Padauk scales by Alfredo Gil

Nice, almost bought one myself the other day, but with Spanish point... was a bit late for a great "cyber Monday" deal.
Booker might just be next on the list of those I'd like to try, but I do need to slow down a bit. :D

Agree. Best big blade made today and I find them better than the revered #14’s

You can find the basic black series fairly cheaper then you can find most vintage 7/8.

YMMV I am a huge Thiers fan especially with the C135 steel

I too have seen the light of TI C135
A nice KT in someones homemade walnut? scales. The scales weren't sealed and when I stored the razor in a silicone sleeve the wood absorbed it and darkened considerably. Great shaver, a bit stiff and a chore to hone, but once its sharp it stays that way a long time, lol.
View attachment 932158
If I only could have two razors this one and the CVH 32 would be the ones.
(...) I really need to break out the Puma more often!!
No Matt, what you really really need is more Puma razors.

Top Bottom