What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Numax today.....this one is going to need a touch up on the stone.
20180324_143613.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
The cat you saw was a rag doll breed, which is famous for going limp when picked up. This one is a Snowshoe, which I think you'll like as well, and named for it's four white feet.

proxy.php

To keep the post on subject, here's a nice Clauss of Ohio, a vintage shaver that still works as well now as the day it was forged. I have no idea why it should be an advantage to be a "magnetic razor."

proxy.php
Stainless steel is not magnetic. Would that have anything to do with it?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
C4FC6A2E-177D-41B0-8A3E-2ABBDD2FC470.jpeg
974C8602-A44F-49A7-9CD9-D32DE033A941.jpeg
B6878A25-DAD4-4D01-A12F-CEB596E8E843.jpeg
Does anyone know anything about this razor
Boker/Germany. I found it in a shop a few years ago. I shaved with a SR over 30 years ago and started reading this forum and decided to see if I could still do it. I used a shavette and had no problem so I’m considering another trip down this rabbit hole. Need to decide whether to get this professionally honed or just get a Gold Doller to refresh my skills.

I agree, you'll be well pleased with that Boker once it's honed well. A Gold Dollar would involve a lot of work to get it into shaving condition, even then it would be a lesser razor than the Boker you already own - though there are guys on this Forum who can turn Gold Dollars into quite remarkable razors, it involves some pretty intensive grinding work.

Boker still makes razors and they're a well respected brand.

Last edited:
Wow Arne thats a beauty! Not to many razors around like that one.
Thank you. That's very kind words considering the overall standard these days.

And somewhere in your collection is his brother George, right? :thumbup:
Yes, but where the true Liberace had one brother this one has four sisters living with her, and I'm very proud of everyone of them.

Wow Arne that's stunning the only thing wrong with it is its in your hands.....:cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:
Being a long time hoarder means that some really good things have got caught in the net over the years. Then again when then boogeyman with the bolt cutters comes along the wrong will be rectified.:yikes:

That looks awesome! (...)
Thank you.

View attachment 870184 View attachment 870185 View attachment 870186 Does anyone know anything about this razor
Boker/Germany. I found it in a shop a few years ago. I shaved with a SR over 30 years ago and started reading this forum and decided to see if I could still do it. I used a shavette and had no problem so I’m considering another trip down this rabbit hole. Need to decide whether to get this professionally honed or just get a Gold Doller to refresh my skills.
As far as I can judge from the marking and spine this razor was made in the 1890's. It is made in Solingen Germany by the Böker Company. Böker had a rather large export of high quality razors to the USA during the last quarter of the 19:th century.

Top Bottom