What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Thursday's Shave
'Lime Twist'
7/8 Bellied Full Hollow
PWS/San Mai
DSCN1761.JPG

38ABD2CE-5CF9-43FE-B2C9-B169BDAF551C.jpeg

Le Grelot 6/8 with burl scales. Paired with a Simpson PJ2 2 Band and tabac. Still re-learning the process but had a great shave tonight.

Tim

Beautiful scales, they look like buckeye burl - one of my favorites.
Just noticed the 2011 blade etch, very interesting.

My dad had that blade etched for my college graduation which was 2011. My lack of picture taking skills don’t show the color of those scales very well but they are purple and quite a sight in person.

Sounds like undyed buckeye burl. It's mostly pale shades when first cut but develops into various greys, blues and purples when exposed to air. Untreated, the wood is soft enough to dent with a thumbnail but stabilized with polymers it's pretty durable. I had a set of buckeye burl scales made for one of my 1911s, it's one of my favorites.

Attachments

• BuckeyeBurlGrips.jpeg
    BuckeyeBurlGrips.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 14
Sounds like undyed buckeye burl. It's mostly pale shades when first cut but develops into various greys, blues and purples when exposed to air. Untreated, the wood is soft enough to dent with a thumbnail but stabilized with polymers it's pretty durable. I had a set of buckeye burl scales made for one of my 1911s, it's one of my favorites.
Well you clearly have great taste in razors, firearms and burls. Those grips are awesome sir.

5/8 Mappin and Webb Sheffield Blade Had a very good shave with this recently acquired straight .I just gave her a quick touch up on a Vintage Felsner Ruby Hone.
rps20180322_233722_549.jpg

A.WILSON&SON/SHEFFIELD
It’s a beautiful morning here in SC and I had a wonderful shave using the A Wilson this morning
0386220C-21CC-453A-818C-36C05DC4477D.jpeg

Have a great day Shavers

Top Bottom