What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

11/16 Red Imp #132 by Case USA
SOTD3-18-18.jpg

The cat you saw was a rag doll breed, which is famous for going limp when picked up. This one is a Snowshoe, which I think you'll like as well, and named for it's four white feet.

proxy.php

To keep the post on subject, here's a nice Clauss of Ohio, a vintage shaver that still works as well now as the day it was forged. I have no idea why it should be an advantage to be a "magnetic razor."

proxy.php
Thank you for the photograph of yet another beautiful cat. In the late 1800's magnetism was considered to be a natural remedy and as such magnetic razors were considered to be more healthy. The same idea later was applied to radioactivity especially Radium, hence there's Radium razors. The "X" sign Törnblom (one of my very favourite razor makers) marked their razors with stands for healthy radiation. All of this was long before Hiroshima and Tjernobyl.

Thank you for the photograph of yet another beautiful cat. In the late 1800's magnetism was considered to be a natural remedy and as such magnetic razors were considered to be more healthy. The same idea later was applied to radioactivity especially Radium, hence there's Radium razors. The "X" sign Törnblom (one of my very favourite razor makers) marked their razors with stands for healthy radiation. All of this was long before Hiroshima and Tjernobyl.
Im surprised no one had charged the razors back then with an electric charge to try to get the hair to stand up....lol.

I agree... Dripping blood, screaming, gurgling...

Never cut myself with that one, actually. For some reason it’s always the little guys that bite the hardest.

This guy is long moved on to another home, but I managed to dig up some photos. Look at how thin and wide that blade is!! You can barely see the blade head on. You could hear each hair as t cut...ping, ping, ping, ping.

3136E5F4-B965-46D4-BCF3-FF5CFFCDDB8E.jpeg
BB87EE0B-A3F7-45B7-9292-F44C001EB3BE.jpeg

6/8 Bartman High Class Part of a seven day set .Just received it on Sat.I shaved with Mondays blade .Sunday has a cracked scale that I need to replace.I just gave the blade a quick polish with Mass.Then a quick trip to my yellow lake to refresh the edge after 70 years of sleeping in its box.The yellow lake did the trick .Prefect almost effortless shave in 2 1/2 passes.Dolphin smooth and refreshed.
rps20180318_162616_718.jpg

Ed Wüsthof “Tridente Standard 1933”
This razor was made for the Italian market. It shaves wonderfully like any Wüsthof though it bears a symbolic date : the last (sad) Federal Elections of the Weimar Republic.

proxy.php

Sunday nights shave
13P FILARMONICA NOVODUR SPAIN
Haslinger Sheepsmilk
Zenith 507 two band Manchurian
Acqua Di Parma Colonia
Razor stropped on a westholme strop

20180318_233718.jpg

Ed Wüsthof “Tridente Standard 1933”
This razor was made for the Italian market. It shaves wonderfully like any Wüsthof though it bears a symbolic date : the last (sad) Federal Elections of the Weimar Republic.

proxy.php

Wow Beautiful razor .I love my Wüsthof .She takes an extremely keen edge .

Top Bottom