What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

IMG_20180319_095253254.jpg

Pink Wade & Butcher (shorty) - tried out with new cream obtained from
Stone Cottage "Bali Isle" - excellent scent and performance.

20180319_084641.jpg

(I give up trying to get it right side up.)

Im surprised no one had charged the razors back then with an electric charge to try to get the hair to stand up....lol.
Oh they did. As soon as electricity became available there were thousands of so called medical experiments done, mostly on poor people, females showing some sort of sexuality and those mentally ill. Those that got it worst was of course poor mentally ill women. electric shocks are still used on mental patients and then I've heard about something called electrocution...
6/8 Bartman High Class Part of a seven day set .Just received it on Sat.I shaved with Mondays blade .Sunday has a cracked scale that I need to replace.I just gave the blade a quick polish with Mass.Then a quick trip to my yellow lake to refresh the edge after 70 years of sleeping in its box.The yellow lake did the trick .Prefect almost effortless shave in 2 1/2 passes.Dolphin smooth and refreshed.
View attachment 868600
I am really happy for you.:001_smile

Ed Wüsthof “Tridente Standard 1933”
This razor was made for the Italian market. It shaves wonderfully like any Wüsthof though it bears a symbolic date : the last (sad) Federal Elections of the Weimar Republic.

proxy.php
1933 wasn't a good year, anywhere, but the razor is top notch as always.

Really digging those scales. You need a Bazooka Paladin to go with it.
View attachment 868785
Waiting on my pink Dorko to arrive.
85a946615572e88b4dba1836b2e3d6ac-jpg.868058
Good things happen to those who wait. This one is worth waiting for for a very long time.

It's time for another long and tedious rant. Heljestrand only made one 5/8 full hollow razor. The toe, model number and heel varied over the years, but it remained the same blade. When it had a thumb notch it was sold as MK No.31. Otherwise it was called No.3, No.4, No.7 or No.8. Sometimes with M.K. and the Swedish three crowns added. It still is the same blade, and a good one too.

If you happen to come by a 5/8 full hollow Heljestrand without model number you can be pretty sure that it once had the reseller's brand name etched on the blade. Swedish etching wasn't made to last and is most often long gone. The etching is always on the side with the "Heljestrand" marking (toe pointing left). It was some sort of Heljestrand policy that if the razor was sold with reseller name etching the model number would be omitted. I have no idea why.

Then again there's always the exception that proves the rule:
This pristine Heljestrand 5/8 was sold by "Engström&Johanson". They were most likely two gentlemen running a hardware store in the small Swedish town of Nässjö (pop. 18 000) in the 1930's. There are some odd things about this razor:
  • It is marked with No.7 despite being reseller branded.
  • It is etched on both sides. It is the only double sided razor I've ever owned. I won't translate "Extra Special"
End of lecture. It was a really good shave. Thank you for taking your time to read this.
20180318_170059.jpg

20180318_170007.jpg

Perhaps not a rehone, but try with some laps on a pasted leather or balsa strop.
I sent it out to @stone and strop for a rehone. The edge has a chip in it that probably caused this damage. I had a much better shave with my Scheon Burg 776 this morning which rebuilt my confidence although I shed a bit of blood. I suppose one must pay for knowledge in the currency of shaving.

De Pew's (small, yet) perfect razor
View attachment 868849
Great razor. I've often wondered how it shaves. I imagine it as a CVH 30 with the very long tang giving a perfect grip.
One of the few razors left on my bucket list. I'm more than a little jealous right now.
+1
I sent it out to @stone and strop for a rehone. The edge has a chip in it that probably caused this damage. I had a much better shave with my Scheon Burg 776 this morning which rebuilt my confidence although I shed a bit of blood. I suppose one must pay for knowledge in the currency of shaving.
It only bleeds the first couple of hundred shaves. After that i suppose that it is the added scar tissue that prevents the bleeding.

It's time for another long and tedious rant. Heljestrand only made one 5/8 full hollow razor. The toe, model number and heel varied over the years, but it remained the same blade. When it had a thumb notch it was sold as MK No.31. Otherwise it was called No.3, No.4, No.7 or No.8. Sometimes with M.K. and the Swedish three crowns added. It still is the same blade, and a good one too.

If you happen to come by a 5/8 full hollow Heljestrand without model number you can be pretty sure that it once had the reseller's brand name etched on the blade. Swedish etching wasn't made to last and is most often long gone. The etching is always on the side with the "Heljestrand" marking (toe pointing left). It was some sort of Heljestrand policy that if the razor was sold with reseller name etching the model number would be omitted. I have no idea why.

Then again there's always the exception that proves the rule:
This pristine Heljestrand 5/8 was sold by "Engström&Johanson". They were most likely two gentlemen running a hardware store in the small Swedish town of Nässjö (pop. 18 000) in the 1930's. There are some odd things about this razor:
  • It is marked with No.7 despite being reseller branded.
  • It is etched on both sides. It is the only double sided razor I've ever owned. I won't translate "Extra Special"
End of lecture. It was a really good shave. Thank you for taking your time to read this.
View attachment 868789
View attachment 868790
:ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::punk:

DORKO/SPEICK
Good morning Shavers, it’s a DORKO for me today using another German product as well. The Speick shave creme that I come to enjoy a lot.
82A88E21-FB13-4354-96E6-DBDF31CC5C9E.jpeg

habe einen tollen Tag Rasierer

Top Bottom