Razor: Filarmonica Novodur
Strop: TM Fast Bridal
Soap: TOBS Aloe Vera
Brush: Ever-Ready
Aftershave: AV Musk
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Clubman
$IMG_5323.jpg

That´s some nice scales! Can´t stop looking on them. Please tell me about them, or is it original ( please tell about them anyway)?

Opinel, as in the French knife brand? I have one of those (knife, not razor). If it's the same brand, I had no idea they made razors, too. Is this a current razor, or vintage? Beautiful scales on that. What's the branding say on the shank, just "Opinel?"
Yes. It is the same company. They did make razors using their legendary carbon steel. I have another one, much older than this one, that is made that way. This model is more recent (~1960 I think) and it seems that it is a blank from a Thiers maker that they rebranded. It is a good razor, but does not have the softness of the original Opinel ones. The Shank has the logo of the company, a hand pointing to a crown.

I'm no photographer. For those few that prefer the feeling of Swedish steel I can also recommend the closest Solingen ever came to it: vintage Puma razors. They are very well made and unfortunately very praised in Germany and hence expensive. They are worth the cost.
This is a Puma 52 6/8 half hollow and with a thumb notch, a really heavy razor. I was very happy when I finally got this one and if I ever find a NOS one the price won't be an issue. I just got to have it!

$IMG_20160314_212423~2.jpg

Razor: J.S Custom
Strop: TM Fast Bridal
Soap: GFT Spanish Leather
Brush: WW Custom Badger
Aftershave: GFT Spanish Leather
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Clubman
$IMG_5325.jpg

Yes. It is the same company. They did make razors using their legendary carbon steel. I have another one, much older than this one, that is made that way. This model is more recent (~1960 I think) and it seems that it is a blank from a Thiers maker that they rebranded. It is a good razor, but does not have the softness of the original Opinel ones. The Shank has the logo of the company, a hand pointing to a crown.

Thanks for the information - this is a cool discovery for me since I'm a fan of their knives. I hope to see a photo of that older Opinel here in this thread sometime.

Top Bottom