What's new

What soap would you purchase if you didn't already have enough soap to last a lifetime?

The only one I'm curious about is Seaforth Spiced, and I've never tried an oud. With known favourites for the face, the night time head shaves are open for curiosity when I get the pile depleted.

When I finish my Proraso (still quite new) I’m excited to try something from an artisanal brand. Chiseled Face is a locally owned brand I never knew about so I might try it out next and see if I can support a local establishment. From there I am especially interested in Ghost Town Barber. I’m also interested in K Shave Worx soaps and I want to see more from them.
I have a tub of Ghost Town Barber, I am not in love with it and have used it twice. If you are interested in it send me a message.

I don't have enough to last a lifetime but I certainly don't need any more soap anytime soon. That being said I've got several on my radar:

Mammoth - Indigo or Sonder
Ethos - Blood Orange (though the price is a little off-putting)
Murphy & McNeil - Kodiak base
PAA - Garden of Bali, Future Fiction, or Lavender Planet
Stirling Samples - Orange Chill, Ramblin' Man, Begamot Lavender, Eucalyptus Mint, Evie

Canada Shaving Soap
Why? You didn't ask, but...
1) I've never used it so I'm curious
2) It's unscented so I can pair it with any aftershave splash or balm
3) A short list of ingredients (stearic acid, coconut oil, water, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, & glycerin) that I can actually pronounce

Last edited:
I would try something in the Stirling and RazoRock lines. The RazoRock Gold Label soap stick I have has all the qualities I like in a soap and the XXX scent. I’d be more than happy to try other scents.

I’ve used the Stirling Bay Rum soap sample once. I liked the scent. I’d have to use it again to focus on the soap’s qualities. Seems they know how to pack a powerful scent into their soap.

I’d also like to try the various English soaps/creams (Truefitt & Hill, Trumpers, et al).

Caswell-Massey.

Catie’s Bubbles Un Jour Gris.

Mike’s Naturals.

Finally (ha, right!), MdC (not Vetyver or Fougere).

But since I have a lifetime supply…

I think I should have just bought samples instead of full sized soaps. Samples are the way for me to go, because I like to try everything. But since I have a lifetime supply… 😞

I don't have a lifetime supply of anything but if I did, it'd be TOBS Cedarwood. I love the scent!
I do need to try the Pre De Provence #63. I've read so much about the scent that I finally need to buy one.

I participated earlier in this thread but having never even seen it much less tried it and going on what other people have said, I'd probably get something from Martin de Candre. I just have so much inventory now, it's not likely I'll ever take the leap. How sad is that?? I mean, we're supposed to over the top with our acquisition disorders, right?

Top Bottom