What's new

What should be under the simpson label?

Hello,

Just bought my first badger brush. Got a simpson duke 3. The sticker came off after just a couple uses. I remember some threads saying that under their sticker there was a "simpson" logo etched underneath. There wasn't anything underneath my sticker. Just curious if it is supposed to have a simpson logo underneath.

Overall I'm liking the brush but still adapting. I was surprised by how scritchy it is. Coming from a boar brush I thought badgers were supposed to be softer, but it may soften with time.

The older Simpsons had the lable etched in, as far as I know the newer manufacturer omits that. As for the Simpson Best grade of hair, there is some variation to be sure. Some has notable skritch to it, while others are as soft as some silvertip. My Duke is very soft, while my Eagle had some noticeable skritch.

They look better without the labels anyways:tongue_sm

My Duke 3 in best is a little scritchy also, but I hear they soften up with some use. I recently got a Chubby 1 in three band super and it is quite noticeably softer than my D3 in best.

I have a vintage butterscotch Simpson's 57 in best with a bakelite/catalin handle. The brush does not say Simpson anywhere, and there was nothing under the label (which simply said "sterilized made in England"). Of course, where the label had been, the brush was lighter in color, and had not "butterscotched."

This does not really answer you question -- I'm just saying that Simpson did produce brushes without "Simpson" etched into the handle.

Last edited:
Hello,

Just bought my first badger brush. Got a simpson duke 3. The sticker came off after just a couple uses. I remember some threads saying that under their sticker there was a "simpson" logo etched underneath. There wasn't anything underneath my sticker. Just curious if it is supposed to have a simpson logo underneath.

Overall I'm liking the brush but still adapting. I was surprised by how scritchy it is. Coming from a boar brush I thought badgers were supposed to be softer, but it may soften with time.

Does the hair looks like the two or three bands best?

Hello,

Uh oh. It is highly likely that your "brush" is actually a transmitter meant to spy on you and your loved ones.

It's possible I can disable the spying functions for you.

Send me your brush. If I fail to disable the spy functions, I will destroy the brush.

--james
:a50::a50::a50::a50::a50:

3 band best.

Thanks for the replies. Honestly I liked the sticker design, but i didn't want to nail polish it. I like the look without the sticker as well, and the brush feels better in my hand without the sticker (edges were starting to peel). The color to the lettering is also coming out, but I knew about that in advance as well.

Top Bottom