What's new

What razor do you choose when you absolutely positively can't afford getting a cut?

You've got a first date or big job interview in an hour. You have no styptic pencil. You don't need BBS or even DFS, CCS will do. What razor do you grab?

Twig by leaf shaving, rockwell 6s on lower settings, rex ambassador on setting 3 or lower, merkur progress on setting 3 or lower.

Although I'll say I usually shave with aggressive razors and don't get cut often. I just am more careful with them. It seems like I have to try to cut myself with my blackbird

Fayiz D.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I get cut free shaves from all my razors so it's an open field except for one, and it's not the razor - it's the handle.
The new King C Gillette razor works great with another handle, but the stock smooth chrome handle I just can't get a good grip on or verify by feel whether it's moving around.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
When I reach for a razor I always grab the Above the Tie Windsor since it is my only razor. It does not cut me with the regular gap plate, but in order to be even more sure I suppose I'd use the mild gap plate. I share with @luvmysuper a dislike of slippery handles. That is why I got the Kronos handle with cross hatch knurling rather than the barber pole.

Top Bottom