What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Razor: GEM Feather Weight V1 (18)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (6)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Van der Hagen Unscented Luxury
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks; No irritation; Close; smooth; A DFS shave. I flipped the blade but this did not smooth it out. The blade felt rough. Time to let the blade go.

Cheers!!!

Feather SS Kamisori Razor
Wilkinson Sword Bonded Razor System

Cella Soap Sample
Frank Shaving Two Face Green Brush
Proraso Red Splash On
Bleu de Chanel Aftershave Balm

8C1E7894-AEBE-4600-BCB1-ABE3D465B654-compressed.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock BBS Standard HD (89)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Preshave: Hot Shower;
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Shaving Brush
Lather: Palmolive Refreshing Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Cold water rinse;

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very Smooth; Pleasant DFS+ shave. After cutting the grass, I showered and decided not to let it go to waste. The GSB had 5 shaves on it already. So thought I would roll with it in the RR BBS Standard. Very nice effortless shave.

Cheers!!!

Razor: Otto Roth NEW LC c.1934
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (3)
IMG_20240504_213513827.jpg

A wonderfully efficient and close shave tonight with the Otto Roth LC. Three passes on a two day growth was more than enough for an enjoyable and pretty effortless BBS.

Liking these Ladas blades a great deal. Easily getting a consistent five good shaves per blade. They are on sale at the moment to UK members via a well known local supplier. An excellent blade for £5.99 for a hundred. They seem to pair well with vintages, and especially OC's.

Last edited:
Razor: 1969 Gillette Black Beauty O1
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: Pacific cork-handled synthetic
Aftershave: Osage Rub

Wow, what can I say? I finally pulled the trigger on a Black Beauty and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite razors. You cannot go wrong with this setup!

RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P razor
Vintage Thin Bar handle
Rapira Platinum Lux, corked (2)
2 day growth

Switched to the GC .84 for a back-to-back comparison with the Mellon using the same blade. Similar result, though quite not as close as the Mellon.

Also not that much smoother either, which was interesting. Might be just due to taking more care with my first shave on the Mellon, compared to the GC .84, which is by far the razor I am most familiar with and so know how hard I can push it. The Mellon certainly felt more dangerous, and no doubt it could do more damage than the GC if not handled with care.

Top Bottom