What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Razor: Above The Tie R1
Blade: Iridium Super (2nd use)
Cream: GeoTrumper Sandalwood
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, witch hazel and a few mins later Nivea After Shave Balm

3 Pass for BBS on face and DFS+ chin/neck.

E99B056B-EFFD-4A49-8B97-17401257D183.jpeg

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
EJ 89 and Derby Extra green vertical (1). A SAS (6.5). I wouldn't be happy with this shave for a special or important event, but for work today, it's fine. It's not an efficient combination, but it's on par with cartridges, which is probably why EJ throws in a tuck.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite (75)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Stirling Soap Co Unscented Post Shave Balm

Shave #1 with Nacet (1) new blade

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; smooth; DFS+ shave. The Nacet appears to be less sharp than the Perma-Sharp Super on the first shave. The Nacet was almost tugging ATG on the first shave. A little buffing was needed on the upper lip. I would prefer the Perma-Sharp based on first shave results.

Shave #2 with Perma-Sharp (1) new blade

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; DFS+ shave. A pleasant shave. The Perma-Sharp Super is definitely sharper than the Nacet on the first shave. I would prefer the Perma-Sharp based on first shave results.

Shave #3 with Nacet (2)

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. Not as much pulling on this shave compared to shave #1.

Shave #4 with Gillette PermaSharp (2)

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. A tad closer and smoother than the Nacet on it’s second shave.

Shave #5 with Gillette Nacet (3)

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth; A pleasant DFS shave. The blade is losing sharpness but stays smooth.

Like all things in wet shaving, YMMV.

Shave log summary 20230311

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom