What's new

What next?

I have a Blackland Sabre GEM and an Asylum RX.
I am trying to hold off on the next purchase but...... what's the point?

I read a lot of ATT mentions in the SE forum. Is that the next razor to try?

I like my ATT SE1 razor a lot--almost as much as my Cobra Classic. I like the Classic a little more because of the head geometry and handle shape which makes it handle more like an injector razor.

I've just got an ATT SE1 and it's consistently giving me the closest shaves I've ever had. However, I've not found it as smooth as my Razorock Hawk, although that could be because I've been using the sharpest Feather blade in it — the Super Pro, I think it is. Also, I've only had three shaves with it so far, so I might not quite have the angle nailed perfectly. I might try it with a slightly less acute blade, as I find that does make a real difference with SE razors.

On the AC blade side of things, I enjoy my ATT SE2, Colonial General in stainless, and Ikon MR SE very much. All three are somewhat friendlier than the Asylum RX, which is king of my den among AC blade razors. All are very efficient on my face.

I put another plug for the Razorock Hawk. I'm using the Stainless Steel DLC version 1 and love it. I use it 90% of the time. Easily get 30+ shaves out of a Shi9ck Proline blade in this razor. There will be a new version of it later this year if you can wait and for $50, its great value.

I've tried about all of the Feather Artist Club razors and either an ATT SE1 or a King Cobra would be an excellent choice if you want to stick with a SE razor. These are the only two AC razors that I've kept.

If you want to try a DE then look into Wolfman, Paradigm, Timeless, Blackland (Blackbird) or Charcoal Goods in no particular order.

The ATT SE1 is an excellent razor. Granted, I’ve only used three safety razors, but I have no interest in looking further. This thing seems perfect to me.

I like my ATT SE1 razor a lot--almost as much as my Cobra Classic. I like the Classic a little more because of the head geometry and handle shape which makes it handle more like an injector razor.
+1 plus I find it also has better glide and more maneuverable also.

Top Bottom