What's new

What kind of razor is this?

Hi,

I'm looking for help identifying a razor that I saw on Geofatboy's Youtube channel.

In this short video he holds up several razors in rapid succession.

The 7th one is a straight razor that says "Shave Nation". The 9th one looks like a Gillette Fusion.

But what on Earth is #8, that gold thing he holds up?

Here's a screen grab of the mystery razor:

Razor.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Certainly looks unique. Probably not my cup of tea. Just too weird looking and some reviewers say it is aggressive with a steep learning curve.

Anyway, glad the mystery is solved! Cheers.

Certainly looks unique. Probably not my cup of tea. Just too weird looking and some reviewers say it is aggressive with a steep learning curve.

Anyway, glad the mystery is solved! Cheers.

Razorine also makes the Flatboy which is more popular than the Shavette. It is also rather aggressive but can give a great shave when used correctly and carefully. I had one but considered it more of a novelty than something to use regularly so I sold it.

That Geofatboy. :) Dude must have Teflon skin. I tried a Razorine because he made it look so fun. I confirmed that I still don't find blood loss "fun." Good to know.

O.H.

I have always thought this. ^^^

It's like he has leather for skin, and makes every shaving tool look effortless.

I have always thought this. ^^^

It's like he has leather for skin, and makes every shaving tool look effortless.

For real. He also held up a Bakblade in that short video. I can't wait for his video shaving his face with that.

bakblade.jpg

It looks similar to a Durham Duplex, with which I had my first run in tonight. Made it through most of the first pass and had to switch to a 6S with a feather on R5 to finish a second pass and call it. My neck is lit up pretty good. The rest of the face survived. I feel like I could use better technique 😱

Top Bottom