What's new

What kind of beer do you like

the nicest beer that i've had was in germany. it was lovely. better than the tasteless lager in the uk.

i am a big fan of magners tho (cider). makes me get messy tho.

But Stella is neither strong in flavour nor alcohol content.

Stella in the UK is brewed in the UK, it will be a different beer to Stella in Slovakia, that is probably brewed in the Czech republic. Stella is a brand of InBev, who are the world's largest brewer of beer. They produce 20 Gigalitres of beer a year (40,000,000,000 pints to my yankee cousins.) Check out their wikipedia entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev

It might have been a great beer once, but now it is just a good money making brand. InBev have also closed down the Strangeway's brewery, which I used to drive past when I lived in Manchester, so Boddington's is now a Welsh beer. They'll destroy Leffe too, I'm sure. Bass is the holder of Britain's first trademark (a red triangle), they'll abuse that one day too. Beck's is slowly changing into a mass market brand too. Hoegaarden is brewed somewhere else now. Artois Bock is becoming more mass market...

Life can be sad, great beers reduced to a money making exercise for greedy mega-corp type people.

Couldn't agree more. So everyone should support small local breweries instead of giants like Inbev or Heineken. The Germans got it right: hundreds of small breweries all over the country. Pint of Mittenwalder anyone?

I had a lovely couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale this weekend. I forgot how tasty that stuff is.

Only it should be called Gateshead Brown Ale now as it is brewed on the other side of the Tyne.

Agree with Stauf, small independant brewers rule.

in no particular order...it was hard enough narrowing it down to 10:biggrin:

Anchor Steam
Blue Moon
Newcastle
Boddingtons
Tucher Hefe
Kelpie seaweed
Blackened voodoo
Anchor Porter
Final Absolution Trippel
Shiner hefe

You younger guys may not full appreciate this but when I started drinking beer there wasn't much choice beyond the American macros, some Canadians and a few German inports. Craft brews were unheard of. We live in great times for the availability of an endless choice of great brews to sample and enjoy. My favorite? I don't have one. I just keep buying new and different beers every time I make a purchase. Enjoy!!!!

Any fans of Erdinger Weizenbier (or if not at hand Paulaner)? I love these brews. Had some in Bavaria a couple of years ago, but around these parts they're hard to come by.

Ive never met a beer I didnt like !
Oh wait a minute....
back in the day, there was a brew called Falstaff ?
that wasnt very good.
But if you had enough of em they werent 1/2 bad !
Speaking of "back in the day".....

Is Stroh's still produced ?
=====================================
Latest Favorites include:

Smithwicks
Anchor Steam
anything from Stone Brewery
New Belgium Fat Tire

Just received a text message that I've won 24 bottles and two special glasses of Pilsner Urquell in a TV contest. Urquell is delightful, it truly is the MOAB (Mother Of All Beers). Cheers to that! :a54:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I had a lovely couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale this weekend. I forgot how tasty that stuff is.

Only it should be called Gateshead Brown Ale now as it is brewed on the other side of the Tyne.

Agree with Stauf, small independant brewers rule.

I love British beers, starting with Samuel Smith. I'm a sucker for their poorly reviewed Pale Ale, and their Imperial Stout is one of my favorites.:thumbup:

Almost any Belgium Beer.
Guiness on tap. (It has to be from a place the pours a lot of it so that it is fresh and it has to be draught properly).
J.W Dundee Honey Brown Ale.
Dinkel Acker Weiss Beer
Blue Point (local brewery here on Long Island) Toasted Lager and Octoberfest are particularly good.
Abita Christmas Beer. (Louisiana)

Ya think I like Beer?

I'll second the Blue Point! I don't know whether or not it's available anywhere but Long Island, but if you can find it, it's good stuff.

I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I do, I like a Sam Adams or a Corona.

Okay, after all this discussion of different beers, I had to get some of these good suggestions (especially the ones I hadn't tried before). I went to Bloom, a new grocery store in our area that has a whole section of mix-n-match beers (make your own six pack), and I picked up a bottle of each of the following:

Stella Artois, Pilsner Urquell, Warsteiner, Thomas Creek Pale Ale, Bass, and Shiner Bock.

The first two I hadn't tried before, but I had the Stella Artois tonight, and it was very good. :thumbup1:

Any fans of Erdinger Weizenbier (or if not at hand Paulaner)? I love these brews. Had some in Bavaria a couple of years ago, but around these parts they're hard to come by.

I'm a fan of Erdinger and Paulaner Hefeweißbier as well. Although I think I prefer the Dunkels a bit more. Weihenstephaner is also a good brand, but it seemed to be less available where I lived.

As I wrote before, if you can try it, you really have to try La Rulles (the Christmas one) as It's been elected best beer of the world by a danish web site!!! La Rulles is from a small village close to my own town and it's REALLY a wonderful beer.

Top Bottom