What's new

What kind of beer do you like

Mama Bear said:
It is the nectar of the Gods!! I was making it with honey that will taken from the hive the same day.... it's all gone now :w00t: I added fruit to almost all of them tho! Cranberry was to die for!

Damn, that sound good and fresh!! How long did you let it set in your bottles before you broke into it?

I'm a bit schizophrenic when it comes to beer--either dark or hoppy. So. . .

Guiness
Bell's stout or porter

or. . .

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

I also like a few German wheat beers, so long as they are unfiltered--I like 'em chewy!:biggrin:

AACJ said:
Damn, that sound good and fresh!! How long did you let it set in your bottles before you broke into it?

It's supposed to be a year.... I never lasted that long. :tongue: In fact, very little of what I had lasted long enough.. my first batch of beer was supposed to be done on St. Patricks day. I drank the last bottle the day before St. Patties, and it was downhill ever since...... :tongue_sm

No wonder I gained all that weight...

hhhmmm, I am thinking a mead for shaving soap exchange.....????? :biggrin:

mrob said:
I'm a bit schizophrenic when it comes to beer--either dark or hoppy. So. . .

Guiness
Bell's stout or porter

or. . .

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

I also like a few German wheat beers, so long as they are unfiltered--I like 'em chewy!:biggrin:

If you like Hoppy, you HAVE to try the Dogfish Head!

Corona with lime in the heat (so that's 300 days a year in AZ) though by the end of the summer I am typically fairly gin soaked. Sierra Nevada & Sam Adams in the cooler weather. Local microbrews whenever traveling.
Cheers,
Jeff

jmhAZ said:
Corona with lime in the heat (so that's 300 days a year in AZ) though by the end of the summer I am typically fairly gin soaked. Sierra Nevada & Sam Adams in the cooler weather. Local microbrews whenever traveling.
Cheers,
Jeff

I could live with all of these choices--happily!:biggrin:

In no particular order:

Troeggs Hop Back (local PA beer)
Troeggs Mad Elf (seasonal, local pa beer)
Troeggs Sunshine Pils (seasonal, local pa beer)
Victory Golden Monkey (PA beer)
Victory Hop Devil (PA beer)

Guinness
Murphy's Irish Stout
Bass (particularly when in a black and tan)

Chimay
Duvel (one of my all time favorites)
Celebrator

Dos equis (green bottle)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (my go-to beer when I can't decide)

In a pinch.. Molson
On the golf course.. any non-coors light, light beer (which in my book includes heineken and Molson)

And last but no where near least.. whatever homebrew my buddy and I most recently brewed (we do it about 4 times a year)

I tend to favor brews like the following:

Newcastle
Bass
Warsteiner
Beck's Dark
Guiness or better yet Murphy's

my budget beers of choice are:

J.W. Dundee Honey Brown
Killian's Irish Red

I avoid like the plague:
Bud light and all its clones which are are the mach 3 of beers

Kozulich

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (my go-to beer when I can't decide)

Yoshi--SNPA is my "house beer"--we always have a cold case in the garage beer fridge.

kozulich said:
I tend to favor brews like the following:

Newcastle
Bass
Warsteiner
Beck's Dark
Guiness or better yet Murphy's

my budget beers of choice are:

J.W. Dundee Honey Brown
Killian's Irish Red

I avoid like the plague:
Bud light and all its clones which are are the mach 3 of beers

Kozulich

You must be from upstate NY?

Have you tried Beamish stout?

mrob said:
You must be from upstate NY?

Have you tried Beamish stout?

Actually, I am from Flyover Country, but I have tried Beamish. Its good! But I fell in love with Murphy's in Ireland, so it remains my stout-of-choice:tongue_sm .

kozulich

mrob said:
I could live with all of these choices--happily!:biggrin:

I don't believe this is the first time Mitch and I have come down on the same side of one of these issues. I am hereby coining the following forum shorthand in honor our shared equisite taste:

GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike

Cheers,
Jeff

hmmm...

red stripe
samuel adams boston lager
kronenbourg
blue moon
pilsener urquell
young's double chocolate stout (oh yeah!)

whenever i'm back on my old stomping ground of Cleveland, Ohio, i always drink beer from the local microbrewery, Great Lakes Brewing. the dortmunder gold lager as well as their blackout stout are two real standouts. that stout has 9% APV!

Shane

Belgium Trappist/Abbey (Chimay, Duvel, Rochefort, Orval, etc...), Belgium Ales (Duvel, Delerium Tremens, etc...). Not so much interested in the Lambic styles.

Also like some of the Bavarian ales.

Everyday beer, Newcastle, Red Stripe, Anchor Steam, etc...

Shane said:
hmmm...

red stripe
samuel adams boston lager
kronenbourg
blue moon
pilsener urquell
young's double chocolate stout (oh yeah!)

whenever i'm back on my old stomping ground of Cleveland, Ohio, i always drink beer from the local microbrewery, Great Lakes Brewing. the dortmunder gold lager as well as their blackout stout are two real standouts. that stout has 9% APV!

Shane

The Youngs sounds wonderful.. I am a big fan of the chocolate grains and love them... double it and it must be heaven! I will have to check that out! Can you only get those locally??

Sue (Mama Bear)

Mama Bear said:
The Youngs sounds wonderful.. I am a big fan of the chocolate grains and love them... double it and it must be heaven! I will have to check that out! Can you only get those locally??

Sue (Mama Bear)
Mama Sue,

the Young's Double Chocolate Stout, like their other beers, are English but are available at places that specifically sell alcoholic beverages and some restaurants, it is definitely worth looking up. the brewing process is amazing, they brew it with the usual rich, roasted malt, chocolate malts...and pure dark chocolate is added during the brewing process! smooth, crisp, sweet and a real champion among stouts.

speaking of chocolate, i think i should order your chocolate shaving soap soon.

Shane

Wow, this thread just took off. Looks like there is something almost everyone here likes almost as much as shaving... :wink:

For me, I like any beer. Except Fosters.

But some favorites:

-Guiness and Smithwicks
-Almost any IPA. Ithaca brewing Co. makes several that are pretty damn fine, especially one I forget the name of that is distinctly grapefruity.
-Trappist (espicially Orval). I prefer Triples slightly, but really, any trappist.
-Hoegaarden. Tied for favorite refreshing beer with really good IPA.
-Anything by New Belgium out of Colorado. Their stuff is GOOD. Love their trappest styles (about as good, and an awful lot cheaper. But my favorite beer ever, hands down, is New Belgium 1554 Black. If you like dark beers, you have to try this. Just as yummy as a good stout, but with a great acidity. Almost like what would happen if you took the best qualities of a good IPA and Stout and mixed them.

Top Bottom