What's new

What is your ultimate kick in the pants!

I am looking for suggestions for the ultimate get up and go cream/aftershave combo that is sure to get the engine going on those rough morning. I use Prorasco Green with a follow up of Aqua Velve. This does the job, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest something with a little more kick.

The ultimate wakeup in my opinion is as follows:

Proraso pre shave (tingly)
Proraso Green Soap
Proraso Green Aftershave.
If you want to turn it up a notch you can reapply the Proraso pre shave before your aftershave as a post shave treatment.

This morning I shaved with Yeti Snot (3 passes) and followed up with Osage Rub as my after shave. My god! My hands and face are still tingling! The whole time I was shaving, I could hear John Cougar Mellancamp's "Hurt So Good" playing in my head.

Short of full-on BDSM, I can't imagine a more sweetly painful way to start one's day!

Lucky Tiger Menthol and Mint vanishing cream provides a long lasting menthol hit when used as an aftershave balm

Since you didn't specifically mention menthol in your post, my ultimate get-up-and-go combo is:

Clinique M Shave Aloe Gel
Clinique Post Shave Healer

Couple these with a fresh blade and I am guaranteed a great shave without any irritation which is what matters most to me.

Thanks,
Mike

My kick is my AV Ice Blue, but I want something more for days I do t have work. Thinking about ordering a CPTs Choice sampler.

For an aftershave "balm" today, I used C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Body lotion. It's a peppermint scent. Nice little sting followed by a lasting cooling sensation. I'll try it again.

I have to revise my previous post on this topic. Not feeling well today, I decided to do the most heavily mentholated shave I could... I lathered equal parts C.O.B., Omega Cream, and DRH Eucalyptus. After my 3rd pass I used cold water for my cleanup pass, and topped if off with Osage Rub... I need to walk the dogs, but I don't think going outside is a good idea.... I might freeze.

Top Bottom