What's new

Trying to display my razors in a bookshelf

I am finally getting around to displaying my razors in a bookshelf. I have them 3 rows deep and the back 2 rows are on pieces of wood to raise them up a bit so they can be seen behind the 1st row.

I see that it would be nice if the open razor cases could be made to tilt forward a bit for easier viewing. This would need something with a lip on the front to prevent the razor cases from just sliding forward. I could make something out of wood, but before I do that, I was wondering if anyone has seen any ready-made items to display the razors? Or does anyone have any other ideas for displaying razors

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I just a bunch of different wooden lab tube racks ( they come in 6 - 8 - 12) ...
Works for me... be mindful of the hight and hole size.... BFX
They seems to cost less that razor racks and some will hold more.

1703105069187.png
1703105168124.png

I should mention that almost all of the razors will be in their original boxes, not seperate razors. With the boxes open, of course

And they are mostly Gillettes from the 1930s to 1950s in their cases

Last edited:
I had one of these desktop cell phone holders laying around unused, so I threw it into the barrister bookcase I use to display my razors

1703182554411.png

I put a Fatboy case on the top, and under the base I folded some paper to make the whole stand lean forward. This way when I put a second fatboy case on the base, they're both sort of angled forward.

1703182918114.jpeg

1703182947832.jpeg

These are good looking displays one and all. Thank you for the input
I'm thinking of having 3 rows, each one a bit higher than the row in front of it. Then making the back 2 rows tilt forward a bit. To make it easier to see them.

Top Bottom