What's new

What is your SO's favorite scent?

Aventus is the only frag of mine that she likes. She's ok with GIT, but Aventus is hands down her favorite.
She also says most of my frags smell awful and/or like old men. Then I tell her she smells like an old man and I sleep on the couch.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My Mrs. loves (and I :001_tt1: the scent too), wearing Bijan ("a refined, oriental, woody fragrance... a scent possess a blend of sandalwood, oakmoss, and orange flower"), by Bijan, Eau De Toilette Spray - $29.99USD (2.5 oz for everyday use).

Then there's Bal a Versailles ("a rich blend of floral, amber, spice and sweet balsamic notes"), Pure Perfume by Jean Desprez Paris, Pure Parfum - $74.99USD
(.25 oz for special occasions...concerts, the performing arts, black tie affairs, ect...).

'Milady' picked them both out many, many years ago and I 'keep her in style' by buying on-line from "Perfume Castle" (
http://perfumecastle.com/ordering-and-shipping.html), and only $5.95 per order.
Having said that, I've haven't 'fallen off my
proxy.php
'
but when I was a young boy...I saw my Mom put her assorted perfumes in the refrigerator. When I asked her why, she 'lovingly' rebuked me with the reply, "Because they last longer and a gentleman never asks a lady or his Mother too many questions....now go out and play!!".

Of course I have never practiced these methods with my Clubman Citrus Musk, but you know what? My Mrs. heard the same thing from her Mother and of course you know she passed this 'secret' down to our girls, which we hope will 'pass it along' to their girls.

Now I know I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer :blink: , but I mean, as far as I can tell (and I have stole a few whiffs...now & then over the years), the chill temp in the refrigerator seems to 'draw out' more of the 'essence' of her pleasant scents. :thumbsup:
proxy.php
"A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed [and scented],". Coco Chanel

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Aventus is the only frag of mine that she likes. She's ok with GIT, but Aventus is hands down her favorite.
She also says most of my frags smell awful and/or like old men. Then I tell her she smells like an old man and I sleep on the couch.

That would be my daughter. I gave up on the wife liking anything other than GIT and started on my daughter. She's since settled in on Aventus as king and my other daughter is too little to know the difference. :-(

That would be my daughter. I gave up on the wife liking anything other than GIT and started on my daughter. She's since settled in on Aventus as king and my other daughter is too little to know the difference. :-(

Similar story at my place. Love the custom title.

She wears Montale Red Vetyver as her signature scent.

She has liked Creed Windsor, Bond Bleecker St, MI, Aventus, Sycomore when asking her previously.

Last edited:
She has no choice but to accept the perfection of my homemade Riff Raff Bay Rum w/ West Indies Bay Leaf and Lime Essential Oil.

Mine likes GIT/Cool water, gucci pour homme II, carolina herrera men, and bay rum aftershaves...on her dad she likes eau sauvage

Believe it or not.... She likes THE VEG out of all my aftershaves.

As far as EDC, she does not like any I have used (ever).

My wife loves Polo Green. I've tried everything to see if she would choose another cologne but no, it's Polo. I like Polo but I feel like "that guy" when I wear it.

I've been married for almost 7 years and during that time I've only worn colognes that SWMBO bought for me; Banana Republic (BR & Cordovan), Dunhill Desire Blue, and Mont Blanc Legend.

Over the last 6-8 weeks, I've been trying different samples on my own and I did not get one compliment from SWMBO about any of the scents I've sampled (L'Instant, Creed Santal, Tam Dao, AdP Colonia & Assoluta, AOS Sandalwood (she likes the ASB but not the EdP), Penhaligon's Endymion & Opus 1870, and a few others. Of that list, I had to basically beg for an opinion and the best I got was "it's nice" in reference to Endymion. She also likes the scent of the TOBS Jermyn Street shaving cream.

All in all, she loves Desire Blue and Mont Blanc Legend is a close second. They are completely different so I'm at a loss.

My wife loves Polo Green. I've tried everything to see if she would choose another cologne but no, it's Polo. I like Polo but I feel like "that guy" when I wear it.

Give Polo Modern Reserve a try. It may be a good alternative while not steering too far away from the original.

She likes pretty much everything from light citrus to in your face Vetiver, but the other day she was absolutely swooning over Aventus. She would not stop commenting on it and making sexy eyes at me :001_tt1:

My wife likes everything I wear - even the polarizing stuff like Lilac Vegetal and Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet. This means that she either:

A) has great taste.

or

B) is a liar.

Top Bottom