What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

I don't really have just one signature scent. I have certain fragrances that I reach for more than others but even those selected fragrances change by year/season. Last fall my go to day fragrances were Boss Bottled, and L'Homme. This year my go to day fragrances for fall are Individuel by Mont Blanc and Visit by Azzaro.

Geir for men by Geir Ness. I happened to try this when he was signing autographs at the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT a couple years ago. Its light and refreshing and to me not perfumy.

Santos de Cartier Concentree. It's heavy, dark, woody, leathery, with a little whiskey and tobacco thrown in. Everyone likes it on me, especially my wife which is a bonus, but lately I've been looking for another frag to balance things out. I like Gucci "Made to measure" but as an EDT it doesn't have as potent an impact and doesn't last as long. Any suggestions for something similar, perhaps is a parfum/cologne strength, would be appreciated.

My hands down ‘favourite’ scent is ‘Polo' Green, with Yves St Laurent - 'La Nuit De L’Homme’ running a close second. I also have 5 or 6 others in my collection so far; I think I have ‘fad' (fragrance acquisition disorder.
:001_smile

$prph-xuwjz-o.jpg
This is my signature scent since 1993 and I don't want anything else. Man I love this stuff!

I don't have one any more, but for most of my life I had one. Serially:
early 70s- Trouble by Mennen
mid 70s- JB Williams Mon Triomphe
late 70s- early 80s- the original formula kanon
80s-90s - Roger & Gallet's L'Homme, Floris' New Mown Hay.

It is probably significant that l'Homme is the only one in my list that is still produced. Someone in Florida makes a $5 EDT that they call kanon, but its nothing like the original. If New Mown Hay was available I would still wear it several times a week. Now I'm a traditional scented aftershave man. I don't think I even own a proper cologne.

My signature scent way back in college was Polo Blue. I'm not a fan of aquatics or ozonics but I really liked this one.

I got some compliments with Creed Aventus and I love the smell, but I just adore the scent of Bond no 9 scent of peace. This would probably be my signature scent pretty soon cause I love using it.

I'd like to choose Aventus, I think it's amazing, the sillage and longevity is legendary, but I do get tired of the scent after a while.

I wish I would discover my signature scent. I've been searching but not until recently have I been really trying. We'll see.

To limit myself to one scent would be hugely depressing for me.

As of late I've been wearing Guerlain Habit Rouge, D. S. & Durga Longshoreman, and Guerlain Vetiver.

Top Bottom