What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

I've come to the conclusion that C&S Cuba is the Veg of colognes. A lot of people descibe it as fecal and a lot of other derogatory adjectives. However, it's the foundation of my colognes. My wife says it's her favorite and I have gotten more compliments with it than any other I have or have tried. It's long lasting and has good silage. It pairs marvelously with Crown Shaving Co. aftershave.

I've come to the conclusion that C&S Cuba is the Veg of colognes. A lot of people descibe it as fecal and a lot of other derogatory adjectives. However, it's the foundation of my colognes. My wife says it's her favorite and I have gotten more compliments with it than any other I have or have tried. It's long lasting and has good silage. It pairs marvelously with Crown Shaving Co. aftershave.

I too love the scent of C&S Cuba! It is one of my favorite!:thumbup1:

$20160512_192925 [15510].jpg
I can't pick a favourite but it is one of these,
Lanvin L'Homme
Lanvin L'homme sport
Lanvin vetyver (Discontinued:mad3:)
Issey miyake L'eau d'Issy
Bulgari Aqua
Giorgio Beverly hills Wings

Bvlgari Black. I'm getting low though and it's been very tricky to find in Europe.
proxy.php

I also really love Lanvin Avant Garde. I'm actually out of that one and don't really know how to find more yet! Shops I've been to don't have it.
proxy.php

I think my signature is Vetiver. I have a few different scents, but I gravitate to Vetiver - L'Occitane, Encre Noire, Geurlain. I think I could rock Terre d'Hermes as a regular scent too. I love the orangey-flinty scent,

Pi
Ungaro I (discontinued and use sparingly)
Ungaro III
Catalyst

All 4 are my scents, the ungaro I is ultra rare and near impossible to find since its discontinued. I wore that on my wedding day 10 years ago and do so every anniversary for my wife.

I got my first bottle of cologne at 30 years old and that was Burberry Touch, Its the closest thing I have to a signature scent right now. I would like to invest in a few more fragrances, maybe some creeds when I get more established.

Count me as part of the cult of Creed. Dang, I really love Green Irish Tweed! When my day starts by using the Creed GIT shaving soap, a splash of Sterling Sharp Dressed Man, and then a couple of spritzes of GIT cologne, I feel like I could rule the world

Puig's Quorum. I loved it since the first time I smelled it. I like and own bottles of all of the different reformulations. I wear it more than anything else I own.

Bvlgari Black. I'm getting low though and it's been very tricky to find in Europe.
proxy.php

Rumors began about two years ago that Bvlgari Black was to be discontinued. It started showing up at discount stores like Nordstrom Rack and other such places about 18 months ago in the states.

I like it, but not enough to buy it. Sometimes when I wore it from my tester, I would simply get the sweetness of vanilla and amber. Other times, I would be able to smell the beauty of the dark rubbery leather (smoked tea) scent mixed in with the vanilla and amber. It smelled kind of new tire rubber.

What are your favorites then? :)
The list that follows are the things in my collection that I wear the most often.

Puig: Quorum (complex powerhouse), Agua Lavanda (like rolling in a lavender field)
Caron: Pour un Homme (beautiful lavender + world's driest vanilla), Yatagan (dry herbal leather chyphre), 3e Homme/ Third Man (dandy fougere), L' Anarchiste (musky wood with spices)
VC&A: pour homme (rose soap, dark leather, green herbs (marjoram dominant) and patchouli)
Aramis: Aramis (citrus, leather, & jasmine)
Lapidus: Lapidus pour Homme (pineapple fougere with beeswax, honey, and spices; imagine if Caron's L'Anarciste & Creed's Aventus had an offspring)
Azzaro: Azzaro pour Homme (talc & lavender fougere with anise)
L'Artisan Parfumeur: Fou D'Absinthe (modern artistic fougere)
Geoffrey Beene: Grey Flannel (dry lemon on top followed by galbanum, violet leaf in the heart, gorgeous wood at the bottom)

The list that follows are the things in my collection that I wear the most often.

Puig: Quorum (complex powerhouse), Agua Lavanda (like rolling in a lavender field)
Caron: Pour un Homme (beautiful lavender + world's driest vanilla), Yatagan (dry herbal leather chyphre), 3e Homme/ Third Man (dandy fougere), L' Anarchiste (musky wood with spices)
VC&A: pour homme (rose soap, dark leather, green herbs (marjoram dominant) and patchouli)
Aramis: Aramis (citrus, leather, & jasmine)
Lapidus: Lapidus pour Homme (pineapple fougere with beeswax, honey, and spices; imagine if Caron's L'Anarciste & Creed's Aventus had an offspring)
Azzaro: Azzaro pour Homme (talc & lavender fougere with anise)
L'Artisan Parfumeur: Fou D'Absinthe (modern artistic fougere)
Geoffrey Beene: Grey Flannel (dry lemon on top followed by galbanum, violet leaf in the heart, gorgeous wood at the bottom)

Your list is similar to mine: Quorum, Caron Pour un Homme, Yatagan, Third Man, VC&A Pour Homme, Lapidus Pour Homme, Azzaro Pour Homme, Grey Flannel. I would add Kouros, C&S Cuba, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Stetson and, last but most certainly not least, Knize Ten.

I would add Kouros, C&S Cuba, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Stetson and, last but most certainly not least, Knize Ten.

I need to sample Kouros. On a tester strip/ cotton ball it smells too much like a urinal cake to me, but it has so many fans that I have a feeling it evolves on skin. C&S Cuba & Giorgio Beverly Hills are also on my short list of things to test. I hear wonderful things about Knize Ten, Two, and Forest and plan to test them all.

Top Bottom