What's new

What is your quest?... Great Shaving Soap

I agree with you Lee. My favorite is the almond with avocado oil. This quest has got me stocked up with enough soap and cream to get through the winter. I think I will get a couple of bars of Conk almond in the spring to keep at the cottage.

Avacado oil? Is there a place where y'all post these recipes. Oil & soap, shaving cream & soap. I keep thinking I'm missing something.

If I could only use one product it would be Tabac. I have been using Tabac soap and A/S pretty steadily for the past month and I have barely put a dent in the soap. This has to be one of the great soaps and shaving bargains out there.

A few days ago I received my Duke 3, and with Tabac soap this is a magical combination.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Avacado oil? Is there a place where y'all post these recipes. Oil & soap, shaving cream & soap. I keep thinking I'm missing something.

Keep reading and trying new stuff. You will find your favorites. As far as avocado oil goes, I just remember reading it on the package and I remember reading about its healing properties.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
How did I let this thread die before sharing my love for Tabac? And now, sadly, Tabac is in the rearview mirror.
BEC12B5B-5424-47AA-8EDF-6718E79FCFD0.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
My quest was to find a soap that pushed all the buttons regarding lather ability, stability, and slickness in a stick for face lathering. Something that had an old fashioned soap scent, not unnecessarily chemical laden and tallow based. Also, I didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg for it. I looked for consistency and dependability. I avoided artisan soaps as much as possible and tried most of the established European soaps even though they required a bowl. My finalists were Williams, ARKO and LaToja. I have settled on Arko - fits the bill quite nicely. I now have close to a kilo of it and no longer have to worry about soap.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My quest was to find a soap that pushed all the buttons regarding lather ability, stability, and slickness in a stick for face lathering. Something that had an old fashioned soap scent, not unnecessarily chemical laden and tallow based. Also, I didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg for it. I looked for consistency and dependability. I avoided artisan soaps as much as possible and tried most of the established European soaps even though they required a bowl. My finalists were Williams, ARKO and LaToja. I have settled on Arko - fits the bill quite nicely. I now have close to a kilo of it and no longer have to worry about soap.
Arko is a real work horse. Have you tried Speick stick? I believe I liked it pretty well, but probably wrote about it in a different thread for some reason.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Arko is a real work horse. Have you tried Speick stick? I believe I liked it pretty well, but probably wrote about it in a different thread for some reason.
Haven’t tried it. Just got a stick of laToja to try. It is good but prefer the size of the Arko stick. In any case, I have nearly a kilo of Arko that may well outlive me.

Top Bottom