What's new

What is Your Grail Razor?

I am not a collector but have a modest group of assorted user grade razors, some pretty decent brushes, and various vintage aftershaves all of which are used regularly. I am satisfied with what I have and do not really want anything else. But, I would trade all my shaving gear, and a lot more besides, for any razor used by my late Father; sadly that can never be.

That's why my dad's old Slim will always have the top spot in my own modest assortment of gear! Better yet, my dad is still around and doing well at 81.

As a teen, I actually had three DE razors my granddad had used, but I somehow lost those in a lot of moving around and me not being into DE shaving until quite recently.

I am not actively looking, but if I came across a Toggle at a price acceptable to me, I would find it impossible to resist. Unfortunately that's unlikely to happen unless Ming Shi starts making one! :)

That is mine also. A long handle Progress, ideally it would have a knurled handle similar to a Tradere.

I wanted to like my Traderee or ATT better but my Progress and Futur are the best shavers, and the Futur head is too big. I want a piece of art Progress. Actually mine still looks new after 10 years but I still would like it in S.S.

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
My previous grail got dethroned on my ‘want’ list the other day, after I learnt that the head on my ex-grail razor doesn’t cover the blade tabs. It’s one of the things that just bug me because it’s not often discussed or included in product descriptions.

The new grail was actually obtainable, and is on its way thanks to an incredibly generous B&Ber. I’ll post pictures when it gets here!

Top Bottom