What's new

What is your favorite TOBS cream scent?

Today I used the Sandalwood scent again and realized that although I like them all, Sandalwood is my favorite. Tomorrow it might be Grapefruit or Mr. Taylors...or maybe Jermyn Street!

I was given a tub of TOBS Sandalwood cream and it has knocked my socks off due to its performance and scent. The first impression after opening it was the scent - imo strong but not overbearing and extremely pleasant. Definitely one of my favorites (until the next : ) ).

The performance has been first rate. Volumes of easy to froth lather, stays moist on the face, excellent glide, protection and post shave feel. What a nice surprise gift.

What is your favorite scent in the TOBS cream line and what would you recommend?

Thank you.
I've been experimenting with a sample-pack of TOBS for some weeks, so here's my experience. To my nose, about five of TOBS's scents smell very similar, as if TOBS began with the same base-ingredients and tweaked each one to smell a little different. And I like them all. Those would include: Jermyn St., Mr. Taylor, St. James, Eton College, and Coconut, even their Sandalwood.

Several of their scents smell like their names, like grapefruit, rose, and lavender. And others, though I like their scents, do not, at least to my nose. Those would be Cedarwood, Coconut, Avocado, and Lemon & Lime. But I admit I'm no expert. I'm not one of these guys who can identify top-notes, base-notes, and everything in-between.

I don't think there's any way to test it, but I think everyone's nose (or maybe brain) perceives scents in a unique way.

TOBS Sandalwood was my very first shave cream when I first started wet-shaving, and I have always associated it with an incredibly easy to lather shave cream. Like it literally explodes with just a swipe or two from the tub.

The scent is likewise wonderful, though as I've progressed through the hobby, have come to realised that it is most certainly one of the more cologne-like sandalwoods out there.

Still holds a place in the den for sure.

Just used Grapefruit for the first time since last summer/fall. Even nicer than I remembered. Yes, It feels like summer today in Michigan!

I became a real fan of Sandalwood shaving cream. Love mainly the scent so much that I've additionally bought a shampoo from TOBS Sandalwood because of the smell.
Jermyn street did not meet my expectations due to a very weak scent

Top Bottom