What's new

What is your favorite TOBS cream scent?

I've only tried three so far.
  1. Mr Taylors, tied with
  2. Eton College
  3. Rose
I found the Rose to be disappointingly weak, but still nice enough.
They all perform equally well for me unlike, say, the Proraso White and Green which aren't nearly as good as the Red, for slickness.
I'm pretty sure my next TOBS tubs will be the Sandalwood and maybe some Cedarwood or St James.
I'd normally be tempted by Lemon & Lime, but many soaps with lime scent seem to irritate my skin. Also, some reviews say the scent is faint anyway.

I’ve only tried a few but sandalwood is probably my favourite smell, then it’s a toss up between, Eton College, lemon and lime and grapefruit, which all smell great but that’s not the full story.
All lather well but Sandalwood leaves my face a little dry and isn’t as slick as the other three. If my memory serves me right the Eton College was the slickest and nicest to shave with but that sandalwood leaves the whole bathroom smelling great. Even so, when it runs out I’m going to get the Eton College or the Platinum which has a great scent.

Great question. I'll start with what I have. I certainly can't comment on any scents I haven't tried.

Sandalwood
Almond
Aloe Vera
Shave Shop
Grapefruit
Lemon & Lime
Eton College

I like them all but my top 4 are:

Grapefruit
Eton College
Almond
Sandalwood

Of the others, Shave Shop and Aloe Vera both have a soapy scent to them, almost the same, yet different. And then there's Lemon & Lime. I don't really dig it. It doesn't have enough of a citrus scent which is weird because Grapefruit and Eton College both have strong citrus in there. Lemon & Lime has more of a chemically smell to it. Maybe my tub is a bad batch but that's my take on it. And it's the only one of all of them I would not buy again. Well, and Shave Shop merely because its discontinued and you can't find it anywhere. Love TOBS in general though.

Cedarwood.

Anyone have any recommendations for a balm & splash that smells siliar, or compliments the cedarwood scent?

Cedarwood.

Anyone have any recommendations for a balm & splash that smells siliar, or compliments the cedarwood scent?
D. R. Harris Marlborough splash is quite nice, imo;
centered on cedar, with hints of sandalwood, vanilla powder and menthol.
(Splash is way more similar to the DRH cologne/towelette sample, vs DRH cream.)

Sandalwood. I use clinique moisturiser afterwards which is scent free, and dab on a bit of Taylor's sandalwood aftershave. The result is well hydrated, consistent (clash free) gorgeous sandalwood scent that lasts 3/4 of the day.

Good thread! I only have one TOBS cream (Sandalwood) and this thread has helped me to decide on which one to get next. Now.....will that be Jermyn Street or Eton College????

So many soaps/creams....so little time.

I was thinking about which scent to get next. So far, I only tried and finished a tub of Sandalwood, which I really liked. This thread gives me some good ideas on what to try next. Thanks!

Top Bottom