What's new

What is your favorite drink pairing with a good smoke?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I know I said no alcohol for me and mixing with tobacco but.... I figure once or twice a week is ok. Bohemia Mexican beer and Moscow Mule are doing me good with a cigar. Moscow is shot or two of vodka, juice of half a lime, 6 oz. or so of ginger beer, Reeds is doing fine for that. As much ice as you want.
Try a Kentucky mule for a change of pace if you aren't adverse to bourbon that is. An excellent cocktail, but better in warmer months I think.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Diet Dr. Pepper is quite good. Picked up a few 12 packs the other day. Jarritos Mexican cola is good. Made with sugar. The Virgils Root Beer I get with sugar. Jarritos has several fruit flavor sodas made with natural flavorings.

Just had a Diet Dr. Pepper the other night with my evening smoke. Very good. The Diet Coke was still chilling, but the Dr. Pepper was ready to go.

Most evenings, it’s a Diet Coke. And most mornings, it’s a cup of hot coffee with a bowl of PA. Breakfast of Champions.

And occasionally, it’s something from the bar. With pipes, it’s a Canadian or Scotch. Cigars are more of a summer sport here, so that is typically a G&T, perhaps the occasional Bloody Mary, or an ice cold lawnmower beer.

Water or iced tea for me. Don't drink anymore and alcohol with smoking ups the risk substantially. Don't drink soda anymore either - the price to pay later in life is not worth it.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Water or iced tea for me. Don't drink anymore and alcohol with smoking ups the risk substantially. Don't drink soda anymore either - the price to pay later in life is not worth it.

I’ve found a little carbonation after dinner a good thing for the digestion. Once they discontinued the good Brioschi formula, I moved to an evening diet soda with the pipe. Works better than ever.

Old men sharing digestive tips on the Internet. Hard to believe.

I gave up smoking over 25 years ago. My roommate died last year from esophageal cancer due to cigar smoking.

So.... my beverage is an occasional single malt, or a martini 4:1. Both are very occasionally though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Recently, I discovered that I love GlenDronach 12 with a spicy cigar. The bottle didn't appeal to me at first, but I ended up really liking it. I normally prefer bourbon with a cigar, but the smooth creamy sweetness of the GlenDronach complimented the smoke and spice of the cigars I had with it.

I'm trying not to buy any more cigars since I have more than a lifetime of pipe tobacco cellared. So, the next time I crack a bottle of it, I'll have to try pairing it with something like ODF or Escudo.

In an effort to be healthier (thanks, Mrs. Rookie!), my old standbys of ginger ale and lemon lime have been replaced with ice water. And I've come to appreciate ice water with a slice of lemon while enjoying a good vaper.

And I've only recently been having a pipe with my coffee first thing instead of a cigarette. It was a revelation! Like the first time using a DE from carts.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
All the bad stuff. Coffee, Irish coffee, Bourbon, Scotch, beer, rarely wine and occasionally full sugar soft drink, but not too often the latter. Barq's root beer or Vernor's ginger ale.

I like sugar too. You might try Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale with a squeeze of lime. Works for me. Sugar is always better if you can take the calories.

Top Bottom