What's new

What is up with the insane prices of Charcoal Goods Razors?

Absolutely not, but you can't blame a guy for trying. Hey BTW I have a vintage pet rock I'll let you have for half that price.

I think he is going to have to wear the loss on this one or market it as a unique once off type razor because essentially that is what it is now.
This is more than just polishing. It takes a lot of effort to polish something so much that you completely remove characteristics and reshape things. I mean it may still shave nicely but he is not going to get the full asking price for the razor.

It would be nice if Charcoal Goods were still around or even if they had licensed their designs and handed over the info/design specs to someone like Yates or Blackland but I think that ship has sailed unfortunately.

Having said all this if someone is tired of owning their stainless steel CG handles or have any spares they no longer want then I would be happy to buy them at a reasonable price and give them a good permanent home without butchering them. Hahaha.
I know my Stainless Steel LvL2 CG razor would love it too. Haha.

I would imagine it would be better to buy a Wolfman razor or two than this razor if you had that kind of money to burn. I wonder if Brian still casually checks in on the shaving world from time to time.

I think he is going to have to wear the loss on this one or market it as a unique once off type razor because essentially that is what it is now.
This is more than just polishing. It takes a lot of effort to polish something so much that you completely remove characteristics and reshape things. I mean it may still shave nicely but he is not going to get the full asking price for the razor.

It would be nice if Charcoal Goods were still around or even if they had licensed their designs and handed over the info/design specs to someone like Yates or Blackland but I think that ship has sailed unfortunately.

Having said all this if someone is tired of owning their stainless steel CG handles or have any spares they no longer want then I would be happy to buy them at a reasonable price and give them a good permanent home without butchering them. Hahaha.
I know my Stainless Steel LvL2 CG razor would love it too. Haha.

I would imagine it would be better to buy a Wolfman razor or two than this razor if you had that kind of money to burn. I wonder if Brian still casually checks in on the shaving world from time to time.
I have some, but they will never leave my den

Got Talent Joe GIF by Italia's Got Talent

The description doesn't match what I recall of this razor.

No bishop V1 handle. Don't know quite what it is now, unfortunately.
The Razor is a bastardised abomination.

Mike, I’ve been busy with a kitchen remodel in my flat. I may speak to the current owner, find a happy medium, acquire and destroy. None of the 3 pieces should ever circulate in a den. That Razor is NOT a piece of Charcoal Goods History, it’s a KEEN reminder of how far someone will go to get one over on any of us financially.

The lesson is one that has been learned so many times over and over and over again. You’re sending a chap $1000USD for a razor in another country utilising PP F&F or Zelle…. You break bread with this guy? You have the financial means to go to his home and make magic happen? No, then what are you doing? I know many of you here, I’m not a big participant, but I support this site because it’s always served me well with impeccable information and stand up Members. Lads, don’t send crazy amounts of shekels to people you really don’t know. If they‘re your pal, a stand up Gent with integrity, they will send you any of their SUPER HIGH END razors for purchase to check out BEFORE you send that cash.

The person who sold that razor to its current owner should be ashamed of himself and he’s most certainly not. Yet there he is, a Merchant of Chaos still roaming around. It’s easy to let your guard down when you want something anxiously. If you want to send me $3500 for my unused Ti BBS-1, wouldn’t you be willing to spend $300 on a plane ticket? I’ll pick you up and take you to lunch too, that’s what Gentlemen do.

Mike… THAT razor is NOT the real deal. It’s exactly what I’ve said it is. The real deal CG SS 316L was hand polished by Brian of which 10 were made. If you were lucky enough to log into Brian’s site long ago that afternoon, you were a lucky guy! There was no hoopla, no announcement, just an Artisan sharing for sale an instrument that made him proud. I purchased mine from a well respected senior member here at B&B who happens to be an attorney. I purchased 2 CG Razors from him, circa 2019-ish…….both listed on the BST of a now defunct American Shave Forum. At the time five years ago, none of us knew what the 10 Razors represented. Now, they’re a piece of CG History. Who in their right mind would alter a razor from spec the way Brian intended it to be? Would you take Arcrylics and paint over a Picasso, Chagall, Dali, Miro? No. The top cap is just a SS top cap, the base plate is from the second drop of razors that were inscripted and only done in matte, the handle, LOL, there’s only 1 handle that was made for this kit, the V1 Bishop. That maze handle like the other two components is just a burned up over-electropolished imposter. What makes ME so credible with my information? My written emails between Brian and myself of course. I wouldn’t put myself out here otherwise.

Charcoal Goods Razors are functional Art. YES, I’m a fanboy, Gen 1 & 2 Level 1 SB, DC and OC work beautifully well for my 2x a week shaving. I‘ve always loved the brand, looking at my few CG Razors makes me happy.

DON‘T SEND PEOPLE YOU REALLY DONT KNOW LARGE SUMS OF MONEY….***

Mods….I apologise up front for the use of my strong language here. I fully understand if I need to be Modded, it wont affect my support of the site. Cheers, Rob

IMG_3854.jpeg

The Razor is a bastardised abomination.

Mike, I’ve been busy with a kitchen remodel in my flat. I may speak to the current owner, find a happy medium, acquire and destroy. None of the 3 pieces should ever circulate in a den. That Razor is NOT a piece of Charcoal Goods History, it’s a KEEN reminder of how far someone will go to get one over on any of us financially.

The lesson is one that has been learned so many times over and over and over again. You’re sending a chap $1000USD for a razor in another country utilising PP F&F or Zelle…. You break bread with this guy? You have the financial means to go to his home and make magic happen? No, then what are you doing? I know many of you here, I’m not a big participant, but I support this site because it’s always served me well with impeccable information and stand up Members. Lads, don’t send crazy amounts of shekels to people you really don’t know. If they‘re your pal, a stand up Gent with integrity, they will send you any of their SUPER HIGH END razors for purchase to check out BEFORE you send that cash.

The person who sold that razor to its current owner should be ashamed of himself and he’s most certainly not. Yet there he is, a Merchant of Chaos still roaming around. It’s easy to let your guard down when you want something anxiously. If you want to send me $3500 for my unused Ti BBS-1, wouldn’t you be willing to spend $300 on a plane ticket? I’ll pick you up and take you to lunch too, that’s what Gentlemen do.

Mike… THAT razor is NOT the real deal. It’s exactly what I’ve said it is. The real deal CG SS 316L was hand polished by Brian of which 10 were made. If you were lucky enough to log into Brian’s site long ago that afternoon, you were a lucky guy! There was no hoopla, no announcement, just an Artisan sharing for sale an instrument that made him proud. I purchased mine from a well respected senior member here at B&B who happens to be an attorney. I purchased 2 CG Razors from him, circa 2019-ish…….both listed on the BST of a now defunct American Shave Forum. At the time five years ago, none of us knew what the 10 Razors represented. Now, they’re a piece of CG History. Who in their right mind would alter a razor from spec the way Brian intended it to be? Would you take Arcrylics and paint over a Picasso, Chagall, Dali, Miro? No. The top cap is just a SS top cap, the base plate is from the second drop of razors that were inscripted and only done in matte, the handle, LOL, there’s only 1 handle that was made for this kit, the V1 Bishop. That maze handle like the other two components is just a burned up over-electropolished imposter. What makes ME so credible with my information? My written emails between Brian and myself of course. I wouldn’t put myself out here otherwise.

Charcoal Goods Razors are functional Art. YES, I’m a fanboy, Gen 1 & 2 Level 1 SB, DC and OC work beautifully well for my 2x a week shaving. I‘ve always loved the brand, looking at my few CG Razors makes me happy.

DON‘T SEND PEOPLE YOU REALLY DONT KNOW LARGE SUMS OF MONEY….***

Mods….I apologise up front for the use of my strong language here. I fully understand if I need to be Modded, it wont affect my support of the site. Cheers, Rob

View attachment 1807304
No doubt about it Rob, spot on!

Hope all is well my friend, I bet the kitchen looks great!

THANKS Mike! The kitchen is outstanding, I’ll get at you via phone Sir!

Charcoal Goods Razors will continue to escalate exponentially in value because of what they are… Functional Art. I’ve seen a few Gillette Toggles listed at Christie’s, King Gillette is long dead, but his designs live on in many many brands. Are you wrong for selling a $25 unused Toggle with original packaging for $2k+? Nope, not at all. I live in a glass house so I’m not throwing stones at anyone else’s glass house.

Brian Twilley is still in the game making razors and not only will I support him with a purchase, I’ll tell 2 friends about my purchase!

IMG_8984.jpeg

Top Bottom