What's new

What Is This Spooky Ghost DE?

Reminds me of "demonstrator" fountain pens (used to show customers the piston filling device inside the barrel) or clear acrylic violins used in the 1960s to illustrate correct shoulder and arm position to students.

So I'm very pleased to report that this is a supremely aggressive razor and also very comfortable.
Combined with it's jellyfish looks this is a real winner.
It feels a lot like the more aggressive Bakelites from the 1930's and '40's that I've used so I wonder when it actually dates from?
:thumbup: Brilliant score Marcus!

.... Would you believe I still haven't tried it...:blushing:... nor her Blue relative....

proxy.php

Must say there are some ten OTs waiting in line too..
:blink: If they're suffering from neglect/lack-of-love Juan...
I could give them some TLC till you're ready to use them. :wink2: :laugh:

I had the very same razor. Sold it to a danish fellow a month ago or so. Weighed 11 gram and was a poor shave in my book.

Shallow I would say. But I only gave it one spin and then sold it.
I suspect that would be the reason it didn't work for you. And I'm guessing that [MENTION=67066]mjclark[/MENTION] Marcus' successful shave was a steep angle one (are you out there Marcus?).

That's very cool, Marcus! Can you read the print on the blade while it's loaded? Too bad they don't make see-through blades... Maybe next year.

I had the very same razor. Sold it to a danish fellow a month ago or so. Weighed 11 gram and was a poor shave in my book.
Wow! Where did you get it?
I'm really interested in finding out more information about the history and manufacturer of this razor.

I suspect that would be the reason it didn't work for you. And I'm guessing that [MENTION=67066]mjclark[/MENTION] Marcus' successful shave was a steep angle one (are you out there Marcus?).

Yes it was a steep angle shave Cal.
I really find this razor to be an excellent and very aggressive shaver.
For me it's a smooth and irritation free R41+ BBS.

But YMMV of course - I was very surprised to discover in the Phoenix OC Bakelite Slant thread that some people simply don't like how plastic razors behave.

I'm a great fan of vintage bakelites and their combination of light weight and considerable aggression does require an adjustment in technique.
This spooky ghost DE is one of the best.

I bought my set, came in a similar grooming set like yours but I know nothing about it. From Germany and possible the 50's or even
60's

Top Bottom