What's new

What Is This Spooky Ghost DE?

This just arrived:
proxy.php

It's like a jellyfish:
proxy.php

Or a spooky ghost:
proxy.php

The only clue is that it came in a set which has "Made In Germany" on the scissors:
proxy.php

Anybody seen one like this before?
proxy.php

Shave report to follow:
proxy.php

Don't know what the razor is, but I like your travel set. I have one similar but it didn't come with a razor.

The Ghost Returns..

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/474659-The-ghost-razor

That's what a friend of mine calls this "transparent" slant Fasan I recently got, including same material case, shipper and an original blade. He helped me a lot with, say the proceedings...

This German beauty looks unused yet has some stress cracks on the handle. All in all, after +80 years it is gorgeous... though another friend of mine still sees no razor in the case.... ghosts, gents, ghosts...:blink:

Fresh from the 1930s, I present to you my "new" slant Fasan razor, in case you manage to see it...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Is that a plastic material razor?
Yes it is - as you can see from one of the pics it only weighs 11g

Very nice. A good opportunity to voice a desire for a magenta-tinted transparent paa bakelite slant.

That is an amazing idea.

Apart from the Fasan, are there any other transparent DEs?
I had a Rotbart Tech with a transparent baseplate.

I guess my one, like the Fasan, is German.

So I'm very pleased to report that this is a supremely aggressive razor and also very comfortable.
Combined with it's jellyfish looks this is a real winner.
It feels a lot like the more aggressive Bakelites from the 1930's and '40's that I've used so I wonder when it actually dates from?
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

It's a good match for this German case but it's almost invisible when it's inside:
proxy.php

Spooky!

So I'm very pleased to report that this is a supremely aggressive razor and also very comfortable.
Combined with it's jellyfish looks this is a real winner.
It feels a lot like the more aggressive Bakelites from the 1930's and '40's that I've used so I wonder when it actually dates from?
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

It's a good match for this German case but it's almost invisible when it's inside:
proxy.php

Spooky!

Beautiful indeed! Very, very nice!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom