What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

What is the significance of your Avatar?

In earlier days, I watched so many M*A*S*H re-runs (after having watched several seasons as they were on) that I could tell which episode it would be within the first 15-30 seconds. Felt like there were shaving scenes in every other episode.

Now I watch almost no tv and spend more time on shaving distractions!

Mine is a caricature of me drawn by Ed “Big Daddy” Roth when he was my Sunday school teacher back around 1980. Besides being a family friend, he and I also shared an interest in screen printing which he references in the drawing, and also my then employment at Tastee Freez. The world lost this talented artist back in 2001. I recently found the avatar drawing among things packed away in my garage.
C35E7785-952C-4D5B-A923-95C14BDCAF2A.jpeg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Mine is a caricature of me drawn by Ed “Big Daddy” Roth when he was my Sunday school teacher back around 1980. Besides being a family friend, he and I also shared an interest in screen printing which he references in the drawing, and also my then employment at Tastee Freez. The world lost this talented artist back in 2001. I recently found the avatar drawing among things packed away in my garage.
View attachment 1223750
Thank you for sharing this with us.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Contributor
Mine is Elmer Keith, famous gun writer, father of the .44 magnum, real life Idaho cowboy, hunting guide, etc. And he smoked a pipe. I'm most active in the shooting and brown leaf forums.

Top Bottom