What's new

What is the most beautiful DE razor in the world?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I think the Wolfman is an amazingly beautiful razor. But since some excellent Wolfman examples have been posted already, I will post another beauty, the Charcoal Goods Stinger.

96BA05B7-0E0F-41DD-AF98-5DB990233565.jpeg

There's many epic razors from new all the way to vintage but for me esthetics is only a part of something beautiful, built quality material and last but not least how it shaves adding these criteria all together my personal choice would be the Blackland blackbird Titanium as current favourite....maybe one day when I can justify $400 for a razor 😉
IMG_1091b.jpg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Rumour has it this was King Gillette travel razor.
The amount of fine engraving that went into this razor is outstanding and only someone with wealth could only afford this work of art or masterpiece.
IMG_3554 (2).jpg
IMG_3575-small.jpg

IMG_3570 (2).jpg

Top cap of the razor..............................................................Reverse view
IMG_3570 (4).jpg
IMG_3570 (5).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

I think it's a bit much.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I have to agree but someone went all out to make it and more a collectors piece now. I'd be almost scared to use it because might damage it and there is clean up afterwards:ouch1:. I can not recall where I seen this thread and I saved some pictures for the last 2 or 3 years.

I have to agree but someone went all out to make it and more a collectors piece now. I'd be almost scared to use it because might damage it and there is clean up afterwards:ouch1:. I can not recall where I seen this thread and I saved some pictures for the last 2 or 3 years.

Absolutely amazing! I wonder what the story about this set is? Is it one of a kind, or were there more, and who were they made for?

Someone out there has the book on Gillette.

It bears a faint echo of the baroque engraving on the old Kampfe razors, touting all their patents and awards.

It looks like it was made to celebrate the success of the Gillette company. Can anyone date it from the blades:

It looks like it was never used, but the detail is lost in these photos. Can you post photos in a much higher resolution and size, please? At least 2m a shot would be warranted. Your photos are beautiful, and do the razors justice.

If you do ever shave with a razor like this, do not use shaving cream with lanolin in it, as it leaves a film behind. Frankly, I would use Walmart Equate mousse, as it is light and simple, and rinses off cleanly. I don't even use lanolin shaving soaps with a TTO razor.

There are different types of beauty with things like razors, but to me, this is the tops! The workmanship, detail and artistry is outstanding!

Ron R

Absolutely amazing! I wonder what the story about this set is? Is it one of a kind, or were there more, and who were they made for?

Someone out there has the book on Gillette.

It bears a faint echo of the baroque engraving on the old Kampfe razors, touting all their patents and awards.

It looks like it was made to celebrate the success of the Gillette company. Can anyone date it from the blades:

It looks like it was never used, but the detail is lost in these photos. Can you post photos in a much higher resolution and size, please? At least 2m a shot would be warranted. Your photos are beautiful, and do the razors justice.

If you do ever shave with a razor like this, do not use shaving cream with lanolin in it, as it leaves a film behind. Frankly, I would use Walmart Equate mousse, as it is light and simple, and rinses off cleanly. I don't even use lanolin shaving soaps with a TTO razor.

There are different types of beauty with things like razors, but to me, this is the tops! The workmanship, detail and artistry is outstanding!
I can not personally message you yet because you are new to the site, I found the link and it is interesting story.
Just type in google
1912 King C Gillette C117599 Razor Kit
this will get you there for some interesting reading.

Some beautiful razors for sure.

For me - I find the vintage razors like the New Improved and of course the early English Aristocrats far nicer than any of the rather bland 3 piece modern offerings .. even with the intricate engravings or weird shaped handles, for me, they still look bland .. just with glitter and a go-faster stripe.

I appreciate we all see beauty differently.

This presumably is not THE legendary Tiffany Gillette razor.

But it is A Tiffany razor, and quite classy in its monogramed simplicity.

(I can just imagine some jewelry designer at Tiffany, with an Old Type on his desk, saying, "Take that, Gillette! I'll show you how to design a razor handle!" It is in such perfect harmony with the New head. Who would want an Old Type after looking at the Tiffany, and other News?)

Does anyone know where there is a photo of the grand Tiffany razor, reputed to be the most beautiful in the world?

1920s Tiffany  Gold.jpg

Source: Mr Razor.

-=-

The ABC Gillette razor photos posted by DSledge look very fine. On eB, the dirty ones look rather tawdry, but in mint condition, and presumably cleaned up condition, they do look beautiful!

Last edited:
More! ABC's are always top of my list for beautiful design. Here is one of my Gold Empire Pocket Edition sets and a unique complimentary factory engraved Silver Gillette Pocket Edition set with the flower motif. The old time style can't be beat imo.
View attachment 1292207View attachment 1292208View attachment 1292209
I'd kill for that compliments of Gillette case. Too cool.
I just won the double ring shell abc set in basketweave for $56 on ebay. I know it's not a "double ring", but pretty darn rare I believe.

I'd kill for that compliments of Gillette case. Too cool.
I just won the double ring shell abc set in basketweave for $56 on ebay. I know it's not a "double ring", but pretty darn rare I believe.

It is certainly a nice, clean razor.

But why are the teeth on your new razor different from every other Old Type razor I have seen?

abc teeth.jpg
abc.jpg

The indentations on yours are rounded. It is also different from the photos of the ABC razor posted by Mr. HDSledge.

Did Gillette make a separate line of razor heads to go with these special handles? Is there a serial number on the head? This could be a very rare, valuable razor!

The case is beautiful, too!

I know there were triangular and more squared off teeth in the abc sets...I don't recall why or where I saw it. Someone in the know may chime in...

I know there were triangular and more squared off teeth in the abc sets...I don't recall why or where I saw it. Someone in the know may chime in...

They also had different shapes of blade positioning posts. Here is my December 23rd 1909 ABC set with the rare engraved Gillette diamond trademark logo. This set also shows the current serial number dating list has some corrections to be made

Attachments

• 20210708_223548.jpg
    20210708_223548.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210708_224001.jpg
    20210708_224001.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210708_223601.jpg
    20210708_223601.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 16
Top Bottom