What's new

What is the most beautiful DE razor in the world?

A) What is the most beautiful double-edge razor ever made, regardless of how well it shaves, regardless of price?

B) What is the most beautiful double-edge razor ever made that also shaves well, regardless of price?

C) What is the most beautiful double edge razor ever made that also shaves well and is affordably priced?

Gillette Old Type with a ball and its variants like this one, my Laurel, correspond to all the criteria voiced in the topic for me.
1.jpg

The engraved vintage gillettes, the UK made aristocrats #15, #16 sets.
Among the modern razors, wolfman, Tatara, rocnel sailor 2021, Taiga Ti 2021
limited edition model with zirconia.

I'm not that into vintage gear so my top picks in the handsome razor stakes are in no particular order:

Muhle R41
Edwin Jagger 3One6
Merkur Progress (short handle)
Merkur 37C

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
@ERS4 Love your description of this razor - you have officially got me interested in trying this one out.

To be honest, I must admit that this German supermodel has some peculiar fondness.
For example, the almost flat blade angle and the center of gravity toward the head; must take time to adapt to her personality in order to enjoy her tenderness.

Wow! Looks like something a member of the Royal Family might use.
How much does it cost?
Classic: don't ask and you won't be fooled

To be honest, I think the time and desires in search of such a set are much more important than its cost. I once searched for the razors I wanted for a long time. Sometimes it takes quite a long time.

This thread awakens the desire for a measure of value that isn't calculative, the desire to possess.

I wonder if this is my defining RAD Gollum moment.

Not sure if happy.

Top Bottom