What's new

What is the best knot you have bought?

I think my savile row is the best knot I have even though its not even half the price of my most expensive brush.

Savile Row knots are terrific, and a bargain, too. I took a Savile Row 18mm silvertip and put it in an Ever-Ready 300PBT. It's my fave brush.

Dave

I have that TGN Super 2-band Finest knot, while I think its a great knot, I'm not sure if the extra money is justified when comparing it against the TGN 2-band Finest. I have the TGN finest knots in 26mm & 28mm so it isn't a direct comparison.

The super 2-band finest is a great knot and if you buy this one, I doubt you will be disappointed, however if you are looking to save a few dollars then grab a standard finest 2-band.

Thread on my 24mm TGN Super Finest 2-band HERE

My favourite knot would be the 28mm Finest 2-band..big and beautiful!

I haven't purchased a TGN knot since they introduced their new, more expensive line of finest. My favorite knot is finest badger, and I think the ones I have are the ones they presently sell in the $20 range. I'm perfectly happy with those, and don't care to spend more money when I like what I've got. Generally, the size of the knot doesn't matter to me. What I usually do is buy an old brush with an attractive looking handle, drill out the old knot, and glue in a new one I buy from TGN.

Where can you buy a Savile Row knot?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can. I took mine out of a short handle that I just didn't like, so I busted the handle and installed the knot in the Ever-Ready 300PBT.

By the way, I think the TGN silvertip Grade A comes pretty close to the Savile Row. The SR is more bulb shaped, which I prefer, but the TGN is a terrific knot. I have another Ever-Ready 300PBT with one of those.

Dave

Last edited:
Hey, what glue is best? I'm getting ready to put a TGN Finest into a vintage brass handle I picked up. Epoxy? or what? Thanks

EDIT: nevermind.. i found it. Going with regular old epoxy.. devcon or whatever I find.

Last edited:
Top Bottom